Bikes for shorties

39 Posts | Latest reply on 23/02/2011 09:10:06 by mungybear | Go to original / last post
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

In: grantham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Yeah we considered a 400, but they are getting a bit rare now. She tried one several years ago for size and it was ok, but try finding one locally!                                                                                                                                                                              
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

In: Denbigh/Leigh

good thread..........

I have the same problem being a icckle stump,I needed a bike that I could get on and off,more importantly be able to put at least 1 steady foot on the ground,whilst still having control of the bike,

The bike I finished up with is the GSR600,"beltin",could'nt ask for more of this bike..............
petervalk's Profile
petervalk

In: leic

i'm a short arse 2 only 28 inside leg but it hasn't bothered me to much, did find a 900 hornet was very low seat hight but i like crusing so it a valkyrie for me and i can touch the floor just lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I still wonder how Sumo rides his bike !  (Sumodwarf ... look at his profile you will see what I mean if you dont know him)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i am a little smurf too and i started on a cbr400 then i had a bandit 400 which i could about tip toe on but then had lowered with new dog bones... ive now got a harley and am selling my bandit 400.. i heard / saw on internet they are doing a new 400 kwak i think it is cant remember now but it was at jap bike show i believe .. might not come over here tho typical!!   it is tricky for shorter ladies as i think men have more upper body strength so can more easily hold a bit on veyr tip of big toe!!! well when first riding you need to be mroe flat foot for confidence.   anyhow good luck and even if you do end up getting something lowered after purchase its suprising what they can do ...   ps.. get a harley Wink hahaha                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

no idea what my inside leg is, but I'm very good at scrambling on board                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

That sounds good Suzi if they do bring the 400 over here. We will be going to the kawasaki/ducati shop in Feb as it is the relase of the Diavel. I will ask about it then. Thanks for the heads up!                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

just found these.....have a look and tell me what you think esp if you have used them before

http://www.soupysperformance.com/homepage.html                                                                                                                                                                             
Palamie's Profile
Palamie

In: Stirling

I'm new to biking. Did a direct access course in Oct and bought a Triumph Sprint GT the same week just as the ice age started.  It's only in the last week or two that the weather has allowed me to get on the bike.  In the interim I have lost my bottle :).  Feel like I passed my test too quick and the GT is such a heavy bike and 32.1 " seat height.  I have a 29 " inside leg and was nervous trying to paddle the GT around or at junctions etc, just a lack of confidence, experience.   So the solution for me to get up to speed was to buy a Bonneville this week, a classic bike, low seat and as a starter bike feels like the 500cc training bike in terms of seating postion, weight etc.   I'm keeping the Sprint as well and hope to tour on it this year.   My own experience is that for a fisrt timer it's really important for your confidence to be able to get your feet down.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

you only have to put your feet down if you stop...                                                                                                                                                                             
Palamie's Profile
Palamie

El ninja LOL   I'm sure your right but I needed to get my feet down to even get started. A bit of a struggle getting my bike out on the road a fair few uneven areas to negotiate from the back garden!    Happy to admit to being a newbie and at my age maybe I have become over cautious or just scared lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Hey all you shorties out there Sumodwarf is only 5ft 3 and he rides a BMW GS1200 Adventure his inside leg is a mighty 27"s.

He had low ride seat fitted and for any of those out there who have seen him on it it is a sight to behold .... Unladen he gets on quite easy only 1 foot on the floor though the other dangles till he gets it on the peg lol

Fully loaded is another matter he takes run and jumps through bike drops it off side stand in one movement.

He obviously has been riding for many years and has the experience to handle a big (tall) bike but it goes to show that you don't have to be tall to ride the big on's lol
Palamie's Profile
Palamie

Hi jabecs   Re. Sumodwarf: thats what everybody has told me that you only need to get one foot down so I'll get there.   Sumodwarf might find it easier without a huge thick nappy on though :)                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

LMAO Palamie ....I am 5ft 6 and I was told same thing my  comfort zone is deffo 2 feet flat on floor.

First bike was Harley sportster and I could actually stand up feet on floor and stretch my back on long run at traffic lights.

Now have Honda Deauville and tho i can get both feet down they are not flat.

Since my off last year I am considering going back to cruiser tho may not be a Harley lol
Palamie's Profile
Palamie

jabecs  Got into biking with a friend who has also just passed his test and bought a Honda Deauville.  I certainly find that easier. Nice bike.                                                                                                                                                                                
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

Well its certainly more comfortable on long journeys than the Harley !!                                                                                                                                                                              
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

Ducati 1198 is my next bike can get legs on the floor lol !!!!  and Im 5 ft 4 inch.                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

Hey palamie....try this...before you actually get on a bike, move it around your drive. Do this with a mate at first just in case, but you will soon get the master over the bike then. Show it who's boss. Turn it tight, back it up, whack the brake on hard....it all helps you find how the bike sits on the road. Sit on the bike and wobble it between your legs. If you cant reach the floor, do so with a couple of bricks or wood. You will be surprised how the bike carries its own weight even when tipped this way.
Then when you do get on it, you will know how the bike feels, and that little wobble to the side will not happen or if it does is easily corrected.                                                                                                                                                                              
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

oh, and every spring, i am a little nervous myself as when i exit my drive i have to turn left downhill by 130degrees! So you are not on your own....come and give it a try if you like!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 683 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption