Bikes for shorties

39 Posts | Latest reply on 23/02/2011 09:10:06 by mungybear | Go to original / last post
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

In: grantham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

this year we went to the nec so mrs mungybear could try just about every bike there is as she is partially heighted, and her other ahem, disability is a tiny inside leg measurement at 27"....please, no laughing at the back!

She will not try any custom as she doesnt like them so they were out.

However, there were a few that fitted.... the little 250 ninja, a bmw or two that they lower as part of a factory option AND drumroll.....the ducati dievel!

I have made this post for others who are having trouble finding a bike to suit little legs, and would also be interested in what others may have. I know you can get bikes lowered, but we are looking at "off the shelf" bikes

thanks for reading, and sorry if its been done before.

Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

That's really useful info for us shorties mungybear.....mmmm a ducati! never thought that could ever be an option, so never bothered tormenting myself. I Really must put more a bit more effort into finding a better job now lol

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Good thread mungybearThumbs Up   I too am partially heighted or vertically challenged... and I have said in the past I def don't want a cruiser, but I had a sit on a Honda VT750 at the NEC and fell in love with it.. i will have to save up tho... lol   Good luck to mrs mungybear in her quest Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Roxie 1963's Profile
Roxie 1963

In: Darlington

Hi MG, I had the opposite problem, needed something comfortable to ride ... have a 35 inside leg!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

35inches !! Guaranteed to get more views of your profile !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well I am not as partially heighted, lucky in that although only 5 ft 4 I do have an inside leg of 29 however I did have my SV lowered to make it more comfortable for me to ride. 

A friend of ours is the same hight as me & rides her KTM unaltered without issue.

Mr P however has the same inside leg as I do & rides his 1250 GT Bandit no problems Shocked

So little legs does not always mean you have to  have a little bike Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
paneurojim's Profile
paneurojim

In: glasgow

hi i had lots of bikes for me i need the big bike so the criuser is for me im 36 inside leg so got a pan sit on it all day and not as Herve as you think                                                                                                                                                                             
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

me too - vertically challenged :-(    but my 250 ninja is perfect and also thee ducati 1198 is good too - they are both reversible with legs on the floor, and not too heavy to handle either.                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

Well that surprised me ! 
Kazninja, i was looking at your profile and is that the 250 in the photo's? I thought it was only green or black that they sell. Also do you feel it is quick enough? is it the largest bike you have ridden? And are you comfortable overtaking in a 60 limit?thanks in advance

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm vertically challenged too, when I come to find my wheels, my hairy will help me get something for my diminutive size Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

hi cheesekake, maybe its because im new and dont understand the lingo here, but i have to ask, but who or what in "my hairy" Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

I have a friend who is going to be selling his Kawa Eliminator (125cc) very soon , anyone who is interested , please drop me a line.

This bike would suit a 'vertically challenged ' person and be ideal for a learner.
Sorry to hijack your thread MB
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

mungy - it does upto 100 mph flat out, and fitsme like a glove :-)   only 5 ft 5 inch so ???   No the profile is sat on a ducati at Springfield show (with mong face lol !!)  as can get feet on ground - a 1198 I think ??   but love the sound of it - no bafflers woop woop !!! 
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

hehehe kaz you have at least 5 inches on mrsmungybear Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Think cheesekake is referring to her 'hairy biker' Mungy..A bonus of joining the site..                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

hairy biker is a person then? hehehe                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I met a little lady a couple of years ago who had raises put into her boots so she didn't have to have her bike lowered. You would never know Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

thanks for that Elllimay, and you are a wonderful person but i want to tell everyone this.....

something else we tried at the nec was the Ladystar daytona  boots. 

For anyone who is interested in buying a pair of £350 boots to make you taller, DONT. All they are good for is if you can ALREADY touch the floor with your toes. They then allow you to be flat footed. useless if you cant touch the floor already. In fact worse! We / she tried them on the Diavel, and she was better off without them!!!!

However ordinary boots made up front to back are better. But our quest was to find a sporty bike right for a shortie Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ok understand that...the lady I was talking to had put something into a pair of normal boots and she loved them... I wouldn't know as I'm tall enough not to worry, only a thought...Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
VFRbabe's Profile
VFRbabe

In: Skye

Im only 5ft2", and the VFR400, is a great height for me. With it being so low it doesnt feel heavy either. And it can shift!!!!! And it just happens that im selling one!! Hint hint! Lol!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 714 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption