How to keep warm at a rally

38 Posts | Latest reply on 20/01/2011 09:17:34 by powergap | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well guys rally season is almost upon us, but for those of you who can stand the cold it hasn't really stopped!!!

I love rallies but hate to be cold in my tent all night. I stay up as long as I can to avoid getting into the dam thing. Then I lay awake all night freezing!!!
Unhappy

My question is can anybody give me tips on how to keep warm without finding a hairy biker to share my bag lol
LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hot water bottle?                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

In: South Cumbria

Snugpak code green sleeping bags, a bit pricey, but very warm, and they pack down extremely small.

Or you could try and sleep with your thermals on.

invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

After several sessions of chemo' perhaps I could help Shaza?Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Set fire to your sleeping bag                                                                                                                                                                              
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

'ere 'ang on a minute jp, it was only an offer!                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

Usually its not the air around you that gets you cold, but the ground. So use a thermal foam roll.                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

wear a hat as well to stop the heat escaping from your head                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

I agree with DT, I put one of them picnic type blankets under my airbed, then a fleece blanket between airbed and sleeping bag.   Make sure you have thick socks and spare pairs, nowt worse if your feet are cold and try and keep your head covered.. i usually curl up in a ball in my sleeping bag lol...or wear a hooded jumper or a hat Big smile   Edit: didn't see Drobs post about a hat till I'd posted mine  lol                                                                                                                                                                              
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

After buying a new quilt, I now take the old with me....meltingly warm Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Apparently sleeping naked keeps you warmer, something to do with air flow ............ erm .............. Squashy help !!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Keep drinking till everything goes numb.                                                                                                                                                                             
gatvol's Profile
gatvol

In: Aylesbury

Keep drinking till everything goes numb...

And then sleep naked with your socks and hat and someone else.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks guys, will try all of the aboove, little confused as what jp has to do with things though Confused

Next rally is in a chalet, so wont freeze,  but you never know !!!!

Well you know what they say "Cold feet warm Hart" Hug

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Have a W**K !!!!Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

@Karey

Tip fer yer. 
When your body starts to cool down, the first things to 'get cold' are the non-vital organs, hands and feet being 2 of them.
SERIOUSLY, this works. Put 'sweatbands' (See Olivia Newton-JohnLOL) on your wrists and ankles, they are usually the thinnest parts on most people where the blood is closest to the skin. Keep those bits warm and the the rest is easy.
Used this technique, if you can call it that for 2 and half years despatching all over the UK and never once got cold.
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Why waste money on stuff for under your sleeping bag just put a few layers or old cardboard under your bed works great, then bin it save taking it home. 2 million homeless cant be wrong ?                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

as Bj says.....sleeping naked does help, it makes yr sleeping bag work its magic..........i have tried it, almost (usually have me undies and hat on as well, cant go completely naked, need to be prepared incase of an emergancy, dont wanna traumatise any1 )
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

@ Dyna..    yep, I've heard that too, also in the summer, run cold water the inside of your wrists, cools you down Thumbs Up   @ Jp.. you could be right there... but.. you can't allas find a 15tog cardboard box when you need oneUnhappy   Re: naked sleeping..   2008, East Leeds Lions - thick snow all weekend, I did it!  and i wasn't cold, but i did have my bf at the time to keep me warm, all 6ft3in of cuddly scotsman Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

Lol, winter and summer are the same ooop here                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7988 seconds. There are 1227 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption