Is it me???

29 Posts | Latest reply on 13/05/2007 14:17:31 by RC | Go to original / last post
dazpants's Profile
dazpants

In: Blackpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok - the scene. I'm out working in my minibus when I see a biker and his pillion at the side of the road obviously not just stopped for a rest. I pull up to find out whats wrong. Why? Because I'm a biker and we look after our own. It turns out he's not the brightest and has been out for a ride with only a couple of pounds cash, no cards or breakdown cover and has run out of petrol. I tell him I can do him a big favour and go get a petrol can from home, go to a garage and fill it and bring it him. But it will take me 20 minutes and I will have to stop working so it really is a bit of a favour, but he's a biker - and I'd hope someone would do the same for me if needed. He's all thanks and gratitude as I head off. When I return he's gone. A resident nearby tells me he flagged an AA truck down and bought a couple of quid of petrol off him! So I ask you, is it me??                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Soz, to hear that daz, not you, you already said he wasn't the brightest Censored                                                                                                                                                                             
hilda123's Profile
hilda123

In: Melton Mowbray

Hi Dazpants! Smile I'm Hilda, new to all this but Hello! That is really pants!! Disapprove Think u came across one of the only prats that wud do that! All the bikers I have met over the years have been great!! No it is definately not you Dazpants!! Don't worry be wobbly!!!LOL Keep smiling x   Been looking at this site for the past few days and its great to read that your all a little crazy and up for a laugh! just my cuppa tea!!!! lol Evil SmileHELLO EVERYBODY OUT THERE, HILDA HERE!!!!Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Hi ya Hilda, welcome to the nut house LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
andy9960's Profile
andy9960

In: sutton in ashfie

hi hilda..... dont mess with ya tutu... welcome to bm Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

In: hinckley

hi hilda,great that u've joined us hun! dazpants its not u. u are just too nice to sum1 who didnt deserve it mate. x                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Daz to the rescue, nice one Thumbs Up   I dunno about 'bright' he certainly didn't have any manners, he could have at least waited til you got back and explained.   Please don't let it put you off offering to help in the future tho, contrary to  popular belief not all bikers are as friendly and helpful as you. I speak from experience, many times I've been sat at the road side and bikers haven't even looked in my direction never mind stopped to ask if I was ok.   Maybe the lack of offers is due to the fact that most bikers have break down cover and / or mobile phones. Either way it would still be nice if they were like you and bothered to ask.   Kwak Wacko                                                                                                                                                                                 
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

hi hilda welcome to the mad house lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Kate5930's Profile
Kate5930

In: Birmingham

Hi Kate here, I think that was a really nice thing to do Daz, perhaps he wont be so lucky next time, and I am sure there will be a next time. What goes around, comes around.   I only joined the site at the weekend whilst visiting Babbsy in Kent. I am in Brum   Hope to get to know you all. Big smile   Kate x                                                                                                                                                                             
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

In: hinckley

hi kate,welcome to the madhouse hun! x                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

hi hilda welcome to this crazy place. And Kate also, welcome aboard.   Daz, maybe he felt bad about only bein able to afford a few quids worth and just wanted to take the quickest/easiest way home lol.  Maybe he didnt trust u.  :-)   Seriously tho - wot a shit!  Nice to know theres good folks out there.  I stopped 'tutha day for a bloke too, but he had AA on the way.                                                                                                                                                                             
storm's Profile
storm

In: derbyshire

hiya hilda an kate big big welcome to bm                             Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
hilda123's Profile
hilda123

At last I'm home!!!!Wink Thanx for a wicked welcome from everyone xx Big hi to Kate too x                                                                                                                                                                             
babbsy's Profile
babbsy

In: Sidcup

Hi everyone. Daz that was a good of you to stop.  Shame they didn't hang around even just to say thanks, but hey that's life sometimes.  I've been watching the website for a few days now and finally got up the courage to say Hi. You all sound so friendly.  Glad that i signed up Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
hilda123's Profile
hilda123

Hiya babbsy......Wink nice to know theres a few of us new comers to the site. Pretty mad round here me finks! Tongue and I like it!!! lolApprove                                                                                                                                                                             
Redreynard's Profile
Redreynard

In: Newcastle upon T

It's not you Daz. That's just a case of really bad manners. We do it because it's right, and because once in a while it really makes a difference. Few years back, (before mobiles and such), I found a guy with a dead T100. We scratched our heads and poked it for a while. I went off, found an old rectifier, and returned about 40mins later. Matey was in a real hurry, we swopped numbers, and off he went. I got a call 6 weeks later. He had made it to the hospital to speak to his grandad before he passed away.   Sometimes it really does make all the difference. That is why we do it, because it is right.   Hi to Hilda, Babbsy, and Kate. Welcome to BM. Have fun, they're all mad. Apart from me, obviously!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Istaqa's Profile
Istaqa

In: Coventry

I agree with Red ignorant sod (not you red -oops my mouth again) it does make a difference when someone does something nice - its nice to know theres still nice folks out there like you daz - I know if i was stranded I'd want someone to help me and id be appreciative.   Hi to Babs, Kate and Hilda   Hug   We not mad really - crazy, nutty, maybe but mad? ok we are or at least I am                                                                                                                                                                             
dazpants's Profile
dazpants

In: Blackpool

Aah - my faith in my fellow bikers is retored. You see - I think it should be made law that in order to be a biker you have to be a member of this site first cos they is a good bunch on here.   Sadly, there seems to be an imbalance on here tho in favour of the midlands area. We need some more up here in the NW. Especially girls, I need a riding buddy. Almost makes me want to move back to Coventry... well....almost lol                                                                                                                                                                               
Istaqa's Profile
Istaqa

In: Coventry

No dont defect to the midlands daz - you escaped LOL    There some great folk in the midlands both east and west - I have some really good mates both east and west - Ive even got a friend in Coventry LOL and theres some people I'd like to send to Coventry - but not the same place LOL   I think you got it wrong though mate speaking in chatroom there seems to be people all over the country and aswell as across the pond, however its the friendly people in the midlands who take the time to post hee hee                                                                                                                                                                             
wttgill's Profile
wttgill

In: lichfield

Hi Daz... yes you did do the right thing.. Im a great beliver in karma.... you do good and good things come to you ....   welcome all new bods ! more to join in the chatting :)                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5234 seconds. There are 493 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption