2 or 4 Stroke?

31 Posts | Latest reply on 15/01/2011 21:35:28 by Blackie | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I was just talking to Alex (Rockchick123) and she put a thought in my head that I just have to ask everyone?   Which do you prefer... 2 stroke or 4 stroke???   I'm a total 2 stroke freak, the smell, the sound, how they work, everything about them i love. (including the way they blow up everyother day lol)   As an instructor i do believe that we should teach on 2 strokes, mainly because i believe they teach you more. 4 strokes are too easy to ride, what with engine braking and low down torque. You have to use the brakes and the gears on a 2 stroke, but if you use a 4 stroke like you would a 2, oh the fun you can have hehehehehe.   so opinions people, for or against!!!   Rattz                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

Hmmm ... ok, you have a good point (I hate saying that...lol)

I have to agree, when learning, a 2 stroke
However ... THAT noise! lol

Id say, learn on a 2 stroke ... and ... get your butt on a 4 stroke when you feel confident enough to ride one .. meantime, I suggest ... ear plugs!  lol

Alex                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As an owner of both, a ZZR1400 and a RD350 ........ love them both for different reasons.

The smell of a 2 stroke ...... AHHHHHH Heart

I think its a good thing that learners use 4 strokes, they have enough to worry about without making it harder to ride them. As there aren't any new large 2 strokes around these days, they are best left to the more experienced riders or Sad Old Gits like me that learnt on them.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Other people's 2 Strokes, im addicted to Castrol R. can follow 2 strokes for miles just for the smell.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

is there much in the 2 stroke market now

yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

not much new but loads of old stuff there brillThumbs Up kwak kr1 s Thumbs UpThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

one of the only 2 strokes i've never ridden, and no one will let me is a TZ 750, i wanna ride one, please please please please let me ride one, i wanna, i wanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
totally agree on following 2 strokes, man you have to love that smell!!!!!!!!   I so totally addicted to that power band, rode a Gamma/RD 500 hybrid once!!! OMG the kick of that rd 500 engine when it hit 7500rpm, the biggest smile i've ever had, and plus with the suzuki running gear you could actually use the front brakes!!! lol LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

RG500 please allways wanted one but never had the funds                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
60% Karma60% Karma 60% Karma60% Karma

i love riding 2strokes as well                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

still racing strokers here....love the smell and the sounds "wasps in a jam jar"! a few of the bigger ones still running in the classics too   they're just not reliable enough to ride regularly all year round on the roads unless your a mechanic and have long pockets!                                                                                                                                                                             
Paj1369's Profile
Paj1369

In: Pickering (York)
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Learn to ride on the road with a stroker, lighter to pick up too just in case. Then learn to ride off road with one, you can learn a few things which will help you stay alive while on the road.  After a while get a WR450F Yam, (thumper), ride it like a 2 stroke (off-road again), and spend the rest of the month grinning!!  My personnal preferance would be a 4 stroke now,.. more grunt to carry me bulk about. The biggest, and by far the most worrying 2 stroke I ever had, was a supermoto KX500!                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Other people's 2 Strokes, im addicted to Castrol R. can follow 2 strokes for miles just for the smell.       I'm with Actdaft - addicted to the smell - love watching the roadracing just so's I can smell em when they all go past!!  :o))                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

Whats this reliability problem you lot keep going on about? I've had loads of them over the years and only broken the ones with poor set up's, thats a maintenance issue. Had a Kawasaki H2 750 no probs at all, rode it as everyday bike commuting and all.   long live strokersThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

omg how many 2 stroke freaks are coming outta the closet!!!!! hehehehehehehe ApproveBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yamahama -  you even put up with the liqorice frame lol   the only reliability problem i ever had, was i couldn't leave them standard, had to get the most outta that lovely little engine hehehehe   Rd 200dx with 400 pots and pistons, 200 crank, went great for about 300yrds then snapped the crank hehehehehehehe but those 300yrds were AWESOME!!!!! hehehehe                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've had a few 2 strokes over time too ... but I left them standard, other than the LC I raced, and that lasted nearly 2 seasons                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

Can't wait to get the KR going. Will be a right laugh this year putting all those bigger bikes to shame lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Paj1369's Profile
Paj1369

In: Pickering (York)
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

The only trouble I've had with a stroker was a crank seal perishing on a DTR that had been stood for a long while.  With thumpers, a couple of DRZ400's that chewed up their output shaft seals, then dumped their oil and yet another (a SM model) that dropped a valve.  And a WR250F that I flipped on a hill climb and it landed on the de-comp lever, bending a valve.                                                                                                                                                                              
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

bloody nuisance them valves better off without themLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
coster83's Profile
coster83

In: Lyme Regis

To the OP, bloody great question and glad you asked. I love the smell of 2 stroke Castrol TTS, love the tunability of them, love that awesome powerband, enjoy that sweet ring ting ting ting noise, their simplicity, thier weight to power ratio and best of all they beat the arse of most bigger bikes or at least give em a good run for thier money.

Long live 2 strokes, cant wait to buy another RS125 or my favourite the RS250 and own that road to Weymouth! I will be literally buzzing with excitement, words dont come close to describing how much i am looking forward to adding a 2T to my collection and i am gutted i sold my last ones.

Im a fan if you had guessed and I ride my ZX6R like a 2T, muchos fun!!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7070 seconds. There are 429 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption