help needed wireing spot lights

9 Posts | Latest reply on 09/01/2011 20:23:23 by Gsxskye | Go to original / last post
PHOTOGRAPHER1's Profile
PHOTOGRAPHER1

In: lancs
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hi all - ive just bought 2 roadster spot lights - to mount either side of my headlight - there is no wireing diagram - so im asking if anyone knows how to wire these to the full beam of my headlight? there are 4 wires coming from the spot light - 1 thick black 1 thin black - 1 thin white and one white coated wire ( like the green earth on a plug ) also is it legal to wire these to my headlight full beam ? or should i be putting in another switch just for them? any help here would be great - or if anyone is local and fancys a run out to help me sort this - id owe ya one - i would say theres plenty of booze for ya - but with rideing out - i better say the kettles never empty - lol                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Dont see any reson why thay would be the same as main beam assistors as for wiring best get the main beam surply wire checked so you dont over load it and fry your loom                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Are you able to wire them in via a relay?

Add another fuse to the fusebox and wire them in through this with the "switch" being the relay running off the main beam circuit.                                                                                                                                                                             
PHOTOGRAPHER1's Profile
PHOTOGRAPHER1

now thats way over my head and beyond my know how looks like i'll have to take it to a garage and get the pros to do it :-(                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

If in doubt Photographer, that's the answer. As JP suggests, electrical fires aren't fun!                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

All I know is the ones on my Landy are wired up to the main beam and thats fine, and they are wired up through a relay. I only had two wires coming out of mine so do you have the type which has a side light in them as well as the spot.?
PHOTOGRAPHER1's Profile
PHOTOGRAPHER1

theres only 1 bulb in the light so i dont think it has a side light - just 1 spot 12v high quality halogen lamp - but i think isnt going to be 2 hard for me to sort - i will fix them on and then take it to someone that knows what there doing - but thanks for the help guys
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

try emailing practical sports bike mag ask the question to go to ferret  he's the man apparently                                                                                                                                                                              
Gsxskye's Profile
Gsxskye

In: Reading

You can get a Universal Fog Lamp/Spotlight Wiring Kit Inc Diagram from ebay cheap and loads of site on the web to help                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 554 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption