what to take to a rally?

96 Posts | Latest reply on 27/05/2011 06:34:45 by Jack Jones | Go to original / last post
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Oops posted before I knew it!!!   ..... to carry on .... based on my experience..... someone else will take a spare tent  if you lose yours on way, or just tent pegs if you remember tent but forget/lose the pegs  ..... doesnt matter if doesnt fit the tent as long as you can find room to get inside..............someone will supply the sleeping bag if yours gets blown off the bike.... air bed ? well find something comfy to sleep on in form of some drunk person ...... Then convince them you helped them them "home" the night before and send them for the tea and bacon sarnies the next morning. Sorted!!!! Thats lightweight travel  for you LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

More Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

I'm with Celticsilver on this one.   If you can't carry at least a crate, you've loaded far too much crap.  LOL                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Girly crap that is lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

It's also less to buy when you're there,  and less to pack/ less weight to ride home with. It's a win / win situation!  lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm with Weirdoraptor on this one.   If you can't carry at least a crate, you've loaded far too much crap.  LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Or two with space for the odd vodka bottle                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Bump sey daisies 

Time for a refresher I think on this one Thumbs Up

Also after Barmouth ... I would say a storm shelter LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

take nothing ,,simply have your entourage follow behind you with a jeep,, so you can travel in comfortThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

also        more beer Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Of course you could just go in a car to a BIKE rally Sick                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

take as little as possible and loads of beer Big smileBeer                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

The longest tent pegs known to man after last weekend in Barmouth

Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

and.....more beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well, after my first in many years bike camp at barmouth, make sure sleeping bag is actually on the bike before you get 20 miles from home Embarrassed
If taking a stove, take something to actually put the food or water in Wacko
And water n paracetamol for the morning after lol!
And yeah, leave the tent pegs at home, take a dozen screw in ground stakes instead lol!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
nawe's Profile
nawe

In: winsford chesh

i always try to fit a chair on... so much more comfortable than the floor                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

if your going to the TT do like i did one year and go in what you stand up in and sleep in the ferry terminal building on a bench.

did the same in France one year sleeping in bus shellters and on layby benches then under a tree at Le Mans
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

if you take stove, pan, buns and matches remember to take the bacon as well. . . It's so disappointing otherwise lol                                                                                                                                                                             
kfoggy67's Profile
kfoggy67

i wouldnt call that a chair ewan!! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

travel as light as poss i say... after all its camping Thumbs Up and the idea of worrying about lippy and hair straighteners aitn what i go camping for!!!! - clean knickers and mascara... job done .. hahahah, course tent, etc but ya get the gist Wink                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 757 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption