what to take to a rally?

96 Posts | Latest reply on 27/05/2011 06:34:45 by Jack Jones | Go to original / last post
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

right u hardened rally peeps ....gonna attempt the first one for me on a bike next month ...brrrrrrrrrr   So what is a must to take??   solar powered electric blanket lol !???   Seriously what can I pack on the bike and in a ruck sack etc....   cheers x                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

You will be surprised what you can fit on so give it a go and if you can get on it still,, go for it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Beer, Beer, Beer, Vodka, Beer, Sense of Humour, Beer and toilet paper Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

Err......... a tent?                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

as  a pillion  for a 3 day rally  I take  clean knickers, 2 T-shirts, spare jeans  ( to get out of textiles into ) comfy boots, baby wipes, toothbrush/toothpaste, hairbrush, my fave hoodie ( in case it gets chilly ) sweatshirt, ( tent and sleeping bag is usually already packed on bike ) my purse and my fully charged camera Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

apple crumble and custard if you're going anywhere that Bill might be!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Chocolate, sweets, baby wipes, loo roll, hair tie, knife/scissors, bin bag and condoms just in case!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

And no, the bin bag and condoms are not to be used on the ugly ones!                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

Drugs, don't forget the drugs.   By that i mean the paracetamol, rennies,  immodium etc.  They don't take up any room and they can rescue your weekend if you have any bad effects from all the beer and lard burgers.   Oh and some drinking water for early morning.                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

always get some water on way back to tent at stupid o'clock  Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
violetinferno's Profile
violetinferno

In: Hull

must have an airbed of decent thickness....mine has integrated pump x                                                                                                                                                                              
Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Somewhere (last year) there was a thread about what to take, have a look back Failing that get to know someone who takes a car and get them to carry it for you LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

If it's a hot summer one i usually freeze a few small water bottles before i go and keep 'em among the beer. 
2 jobs in 1 - beer chiller then drinking water once it's thawed. (can't see you needing that tip yet though, lol)     Don't forget something to put under your sidestand     Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

torch so you don't trip over all those guy ropes on the stagger back to your tent                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

More beer!!                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

yeah got a little wind up torch  it's brill Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

In: Newark

I'm assuming that this is a uk based question for more than two days away Learn to pack by rolling stuff up fill  the space inside shoes and under the seat on the bike use minatures for shampoo etc if in a group decide who takes what and don't duplicate items use technical fabric clothing where possible if you are camping take a length of line and some pegs and a sachet of travel wash employ the three items principle one on one off and one in the wash for undergarments at least also maybe take an empty ruck sack or leave some spare carrying capacity just in case Try to imagine what would you would do if you had to strike camp in the pouring rain Take spare cash in case the plastic isn't welcome Finally for now don't forget a sense of humour Thumbs Up   BT                                                                                                                                                                               
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

rally in february. take an air bed and a thich sleeping bag or a man to keep you warm Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

what about the stove, kettle and tea bags etc for the moring after I need at least 3 cups of tea before leaving the tent ha ha ..                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

What ??   They have MORNINGS at rallies?          What will they think of next?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 706 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption