Hazard Perception Test

21 Posts | Latest reply on 13/01/2011 12:15:22 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sorry if I've put this in the wrong place.   Just wondered if anyone has taken this test recently, as I've gotta ring and book mine, and wondered what I should expect.   I've bought a DVD off the net which shows a lot of what I may be asked, but would love anyone's feedback.   xx                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

its not difficult - its mostly common sense....if it moves its a hazard! my daughter did hers recently and if she can pass.........Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I did mine 2 years ago ... just remember you dont have to click on the hazard just when you see it, and dont get too click happy or you will fail to score at all. 

I agree with kwakgirl tho .. I thought it was easy Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

Hazard Perception Test
The hazard perception element was introduced into the driving test in November 2002 as one of the measures that should help achieve a target of reducing deaths and serious injury on our roads by 40% by 2010
New drivers are more likely to be involved in accidents, especially in the first months after passing a driving test. It has been proven that drivers who have taken hazard perception training have much better hazard perception skills.
During the development of the test, the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) worked closely with colleagues from the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) and the road safety division of the Department for Transport, both of whom thought this test suitable for testing the hazard awareness skills of all drivers.

How does the hazard perception test work?
The hazard perception part is delivered on a computer and you respond by clicking a button on the mouse. You will be presented with a 14 video clips which feature every day road scenes, in each clip there will be at least one developing hazard, but one of the clips will feature two developing hazards.
What is the pass mark for the Hazard Perception Test?
Car and Motorcycle
Current pass mark - 44 out of 75
LGV and PCV
Current pass mark- 67 out of 100
ADI and LGV Register
Current pass mark - 57 out of 75
The hazard perception pass marks may be subject to further change.
To achieve a high score you will need to respond to the developing hazard during the early part of its development. The maximum you can score on each hazard is five.
To help you identify and respond to a developing hazard, consider a parked vehicle on the side of the road. When you first see it, it is not doing anything; it is just a parked vehicle. If you were to respond to the vehicle at this point, you would not score any marks, but you would not lose any marks.
However, when you get closer to the vehicle, you notice that the car’s right hand indicator starts to flash. The indicator would lead you to believe that the driver of the vehicle has an intention of moving away, therefore the hazard is now developing and a response at this point would score marks. The indicator coming on is a sign that the parked vehicle has changed its status from a potential hazard into a developing hazard.
When you get closer to the vehicle, you will probably see it start to move away from the side of the road; another response should be made at this point. Different clips in the test will have various signs to indicate that the hazard is changing its status and is now starting to develop.
Regarding the scoring system, you can score a maximum of 5 point for each developing hazard. If you respond throughout the developing hazard and score different points you will always score the highest number of points. An example would be, if you react and score five then three then two, you will still be awarded the maximum five points. Please remember that when driving you will only have one chance to respond to a hazard so you will not be allowed to review your answers because on the road, you will only have one chance to respond.
Also be aware that if you click the mouse continuously during the test you will score zero for that clip.
Remember it is CONCENTRATION that will get the results you want and keep you safe on our ever increasingly busy roads.
Sign Up here for our online theory test questions and FREE hazard perception test. (http://www.drivingtheory.net/hazard_perception.html)

If you sign up you get to test it for free.

Its a basic test to see how your awareness and down-field vision are. Some hazards move, ie: cars and pedestrians, others are not so visible, parked car with indicator on.
Then you get to take into account of hazardous road surfaces, wet, icy and even cow-pats!
The earlier you see the hazard and click, the higher your mark will be Wink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

koolio thanks everyone, gonna phone up today to book it Big smile

wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

My wife did her cbt, theory and hazard tests a few years ago, but never went on to do her actual  test, is there a time limit in which she has to take her test.

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Each Part is valid for 2 years from passing it ... Then it has to be redone :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Thanks shell, don't think she will want to go through that again then Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

You can do a Hazzard Perception practice test for free on direct.gov                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

WB whatever she did 1st will need to be her benchmark then ... Ie if did cbt 18 months ago and test 16 months ago ... She has 6 months good luck to her :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just booked mine, for Monday afteroon, so am gonna sit on sunday, and stay away from world of warcraft, and totally swot up Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

Good on yer, and best of luck for Monday                                                                                                                                                                              
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

yep - if u are a car driver will pi$$ it honey - good luck and keep us posted Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Good luck for Monday hon x                                                                                                                                                                             
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Good luck for later Cheesecake hope you go on ok, with the test and the new man!                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

So!!..How did it go cheesekake??                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well I went along for my test the questions and the hazard perception test on monday, and.....I FAILED BY 3 POINTS aaaaahhh, I couldn't believe it, I passed the HPT with flying colours, but even though I'd swotted up I only got 40 out of 50 as opose to 43 outa 50 which is a pass mark..... so gonna have to book it again, and swot up even further Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Bugga sorry to hear that hon, Hug

I know its a pain if you fly through one part & just fail the other you gotta do it all again ... but at least you know not to be worried next timeThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That's right, just treat it as a practice run to calm the nerves, nothing more, you'll be fine next time                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I went on direct.gov and had a bash at the hazard perception test on-line. I was completely crap but wasn't trying very hard, just having a nosey really. I am now being absolutely bombarded with DSA emails...the DSA is now my most annoying spammer lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 622 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption