Cheaper Genuine Harley parts

7 Posts | Latest reply on 29/03/2011 16:56:56 by GreasyTony | Go to original / last post
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Cheaper Harley Parts As some you may know, there have been a few Harley dealers close down recently. One of them was the dealer that I have used on an almost daily basis for the last 15 years. As I was told in advance of them closing, I bought up a lot of their stock at a reduced price. I am more than happy to pass on this saving to anyone who is interested. Along with the items below, there are almost 100 items of side plates, sissy bars, backrest pads and luggage racks that I have not yet had the time to sort out. Let me know if any interest in these. These parts will be  approx half the Harley price. If anyone is unsure exactly what part fits your bike, tell me the 5th, 6th, and 10th digit of your VIN and I’ll identify your bike correctly. In addition, there are several Yuasa YTX batteries. These, along with the genuine HD battery, are in my opinion, the ONLY batteries worth fitting to a Harley. Nothing else lasts much more than one or two years. I have also sent this to my regular customers, so I don’t expect these parts to be around for too long. Part number Description HD Price  Price 99851-05/Intl Formula Primary & transmission oil                              8.44 6.25 63731-99A Oil filter Twin Cam BLACK 10.36 7.50 63798-99A Oil filter Twin Cam CHROME 16.16 12.00 63805-80A Oil filter  EVO & SPORTSTER BLACK 8.05 6.00 63796-77A Oil filter EVO & SPORTSTER CHROME 11.53 8.50 63812-90 Oil filter EVO DYNA BLACK long 9.20 7.00 63813-90 Oil filter EVO DYNA CHROME long 14.99 11.25 32342-04 Spark plug  5R6A  - EVOLUTION BIG TWIN 4.60 3.50 32343-04 Spark plug  5RL  - SHOVEHEAD 1200 & 1340 4.60 3.50 32362-04 Spark plug  6R12 - SPORTSTER & TWIN CAM 4.60 3.50 65948-00A           AGM Battery.    Buell & 04 on SPORTSTER                        114.12 90.00 65958-04A AGM Battery.    Most V-Rod models 114.12 90.00 66010-97C AGM Battery.    Most Touring models                                150.43 120.00                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thames Valley?                                                                                                                                                                             
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

Thames Valley, in Slough was one of them Andy, also their sister shop, Dockgate 20 in Southampton. They both closed a couple of weeks back. The one I used was Stadium in North London. They shut on 21st Dec. Bit inconvenient really as Thames Valley was my 'back up' Gotta find another dealer & train up a new parts dept now . . Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

Bump!

Very nice of you Tony Thumbs Up, wish I needed some of those parts.

On a side note. Up here (NE) my local dealer used to be called 'Just Harleys', and for the most part was an excellent dealership...until they got taken over by 2 A$$holes who are not bikers, have had nothing to do with bikes or bikers and to be honest, don't even seem to like bikers.
By their own admission, they want to sell to lawyers and  doctors etc...
 They upped sticks and have relocated in the Bentley showroom in Silverlink, just outside of Newcastle. BTW, Bentley couldn't afford the rent there Wink, so my guess is they are on borrowed time.

That aside they have sacked or forced out some very very loyal and dedicated staff ,  (have to be careful what I say as there may be a lawsuit pending as well) so understandably alot of the local community that used to shop there  are now boycotting it.
Harley UK have been told and refuse to get involved, so its no wonder that dealerships are closing. The wrong people seem to be running them.
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

so its no wonder that dealerships are closing. The wrong people seem to be running them.   In many cases, you are bang on the money there DT. I,m not party to full details of why Dockgate & Thames Valley went .. .. although rumours are abound !!!!!!!! Stadium was owned by a midlands based, multi franchised, car dealership .. .. Pendragon group. They used to have 4 shops, Surrey HD in Dorking, Stadium & two round Brum area. When they bought Surrey, within a few years Harley forced them to move from their Ind Est location to the high street in Dorking (cost a few quid, that did) They then wanted Stadium to move, even though its only 500 yards from the North Circular on the A112 next to Walthamstow dog track. Reckon its due to the bean counters wanting to keep it all central, coz Stadium DEFF had higher turnover than the other two shops.   Hey ho, what do we know!!                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

I remember the old Dorking site, tiny little Ind estate if I remember rightly, didn't they move to the high street or something?? Seemed nice guys that ran it too. What a shame.                                                                                                                                                                              
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

Bump !!
 Coz its that time of year Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2813 seconds. There are 563 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption