What a plank!

11 Posts | Latest reply on 04/12/2010 23:33:40 by v1973m | Go to original / last post
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A woman dialed 999 to report a theft - of a snowman outside her house. Police said she thought it demanded their involvement because she had used pound coins for the eyes and teaspoons for the arms. The woman, from Chatham, Kent, has been "spoken to" by officers to advise her about what constitutes a real emergency. Kent Police issued a transcript of the "completely irresponsible" call which they received overnight as they fielded thousands of calls from people because of the sub-zero conditions. In the call, the woman tells the operator: "There's been a theft from outside my house. "I haven't been out to check on him for five hours but I went outside for a fag and he's gone." The operator asks "Who's gone?" and the woman replies: "My snowman. "I thought that with it being icy and there not being anybody about, he'd be safe." The incredulous operator asks her: "Do you mean an ornament?" The woman replies: "No, a snowman made of snow, I made him myself. "It ain't a nice road but you don't expect anybody to nick your snowman." The operator then tells her that it is an emergency line and she should not be ringing it to report the theft of a snowman. Chief Inspector Simon Black, from Kent Police's force contact and control centre, said: "This call could have cost someone's life if there was a genuine emergency and they couldn't get through. "It was completely irresponsible. We have spoken to her and advised her as to what is a 999 call, and this clearly was not." Kent Police has received more than 8,000 general and 999 calls in 48 hours, double the number it normally receives. Mr Black said: "We do have powers to prosecute people for misusing the 999 system, but in this case the woman genuinely thought this was a theft that she should report because she'd used pound coins for the eyes and teaspoons for the arms."                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

It just sums up what's happening this week. My other half is a community bobby and he's spent most of the week going to idiots houses who've reported snowballs thrown at them or there houses!! They all think they've been targeted personally!! Get a life a let them get on with real policing :-(
Sharky92's Profile
Sharky92

In: Winsford, Cheshi

Aye, it's a jungle out there, and the numpties are two-a-penny these days it seems Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

We had a lady last year here who rang up as her cat was playing and scratching here setee...                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

This doesnt surprise me one bit. I've heard a lot worse LOL You can listen to the silly moo here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...583                                                                                                                                                                              
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

In: Newark

I watched emergency bikers on tv last night some drunken muppet wanted the  ( bike) paramedic to give him a lift home FFS you couldn't make it up                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

i have had a lad come up to the ambulance saying that he is having a heart attack and needs a lift home to recover. My reply was "Your standing up and talking to me. i have just watched you finish your drink and walk over to me. If you are having a heart attack you will be going to hospital not home. Ambulance is not Latin for taxi!!! Jog on!"                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

wheres the spirit of goodwill gone? i dont know - if there was still bobbies on the beat we would not be in this sort of mess...does anyone know if she got her man back?!

daft cow!

not you KG!!

WillPool's Profile
WillPool

In: Dumfries

Sorry to hijack the thread but reminded me of a joke I received last week.......

An Irishman phoned the police last week thinking he had found a mass grave of snowmen, on further inspection he was in a field of carrots.

DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

From the Sarf, nuff said Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
v1973m's Profile
v1973m

In: Church Gresley

!!!!!......They should be bloomin well fined for wasting a valuable resource!!   Un-bloody-believeable!!...however you really cant make it up!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 597 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption