Why do folks post every detail of their lives on tinternet?

38 Posts | Latest reply on 02/12/2010 16:44:35 by DynaToon | Go to original / last post
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

In: Newark
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

So like it says on the tin why?????? Anything  you post will stay out there in cyberspace indefinitely especially on facebook etc People have been sanctioned or sacked after a careless posts and why would you want to let scammers know your birthday and your first school and your maiden name etc because you have not got your settings set to private ????  BT                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Maybe some people think .. I am me & if you don't like it tough ! 

Unless you say something that is against your employer or brings the co into disrepute if they fired you , you would have a good case in an employment tribunal to sue them.                                                                                                                                                                              
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Cos yr a numpty??? One should always be careful what details you give/show, you never know who is looking. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Or you could be like me and not have a clue what the hell you are doing                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

IMO, what happens ppl put up threads enticing ppl to share life experiences and they do...it's the nature of the beast.                                                                                                                                                                             
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I think the trick is to be paranoid.  As for why, I think it's simply people are naive or ignorant.                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Or you could just make shit up then the scammers would have spent time getting a load of usless information                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sorry to be blunt; "attention seeking exhibitionist" lol

The Internet is a great tool, but sadly people don't see obvious dangers.

whackojacko's Profile
whackojacko

In: Ayr
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

OOOO, you are so assertive GL, can I be your friend? pmsl Wink Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

I love attention but would never share my emotions publically.
I would like to think that I have much more dignity than that.   That said, it's ok by me if that's what other choose to do....all things are relative.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

some people only have the internet to talk to!! how sad is that???. the internet exploites the weak and vulnerable                                                                                                                                                                              
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

I compare the internet to standing in my bedroom window starkers, now I dont want the neighbours to get an eyeful of my manly body so I close the curtains. Which is really what I do on the net, close the curtains and people wont see what ya got. Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

No one sees I what I might have cus I wear body armour!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

Irony what irony? all the replies are permanent and will exist on the tinternet ad infinitum if you don't believe me just google yourself certainly do not report your spouse missing presumed dead claim off the insurance and then have him pose for a picture from south america that someone posts on facebook or you will end up in nick for 5 years or so damhik! BT                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lol jacko....... I don't beat about the bush, you know me well enough Hun. I was just offering my honest opinion ;-)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i don't give much away!!!Embarrassed lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Well if would be ironic if these forums didn't require registration to gain access, kind of prevents Google indexing them.  Besides, the internet is awesome too, how many of us would have met otherwise?  Plus is pays my wages ;)                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

I lost the will after the 1st post                                                                                                                                                                             
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

SayTen   Don't be so sure  about 'bots like google etc   BT                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Birthdays and maiden names etc ...... not bothered about, but posting your emotions, your life, your latest flame, what you had for lunch.
FFS !!! have some dignity, you just sound sooooo sad
Sad people who post every 15 minutes, no life and no interests, sad and pathetic people.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.9370 seconds. There are 569 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption