Ideas please - no spark :-(

31 Posts | Latest reply on 13/04/2011 09:00:32 by Minnie the Minx | Go to original / last post
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

thought you meant in your relationship lol !!!   sorry...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

lmao @ kaz......Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

pmsl just seen your comment kaz :-)   But now you come to mention it, it's not just my wee bike that's in hibernation so got any helpful hints and tips hun????                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well mini ... we all know what happens after hibernation .. you get to gorge yourself Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Goodness me shell!!! you hussy lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

lol .. I never hibernated Wink

And where might I ask was your mind darling ... I meant on rides out etc etc Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Flettie's Profile
Flettie

In: Buxton

The big problem I had when I moved from contact breakers (remember them?) onto an electronic ignition is that the electronic ignition will not trigger a spark if the battery voltage falls below a certain level. This level is easily reached when you use the starter motor with a battery which is not fully charged.

Some days I have to use the kick-starter (remember them ?)So the advice is always make sure your battery is in tip top condition. If you lay the machine up for any length of time remove the battery and store it on a conditioning charge device. Then you can guarantee perfect performance.

Cheers

Mark                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Thanks Flettie...that's what's happening at the moment. My bike is stored in a garage without power & the battery in another with electric & left on an optimate charger, so fingers crossed for when it's time to come out of hibernation   When it wouldn't start we looked for a kick start...and established it doesn't have one lol                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Minnie if you dont have power in your garage just take the battery off over the  winter and keep in the house and charge a couple of times a month                                                                                                                                                                              
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen

trade it in for a honda                                                                                                                                                                               
Minnie the Minx

Good grief FBJ...which swamp did you emerge from! Talk about coming out of hibernation   Hey, sara's got a 125 now so got a south lakes buzzy buddy at last! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3281 seconds. There are 758 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption