Moto 2 from Estoril

18 Posts | Latest reply on 07/11/2010 01:05:15 by 555byker | Go to original / last post
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

Any one watched Moto 2 from Estoril, what do you think to Scott Redding 25 to 4 and just a cats whisker of the podium, absolutely brilliant, it's looking good for next year and we'l have Bradley in there to, he was 3rd in a rather strange 125 race, these guys are certainly put Britain back on the map.
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I watched the races and enjoyed Gp125 and Moto 2 as i always do and all the best to the brits but jesus Moto Gp is so dull these days and getting worse by the weekend.
I stopped watching it after 6 laps it's really dull, lets hope Cal can liven things up when he gets there.......Approve

DriftnSlide's Profile
DriftnSlide

In: Belfast/Larne

Great ride by Scott, but IMO the race of the day was the 125's.  Marquez rode an incredible race after the re start and the spill on warm up.  Fully deserved that win, 17th to 4th on the first corner.                                                                                                                                                                              
Cal number 1 fan's Profile
Cal number 1 fan

In: LEEDS

Marquez has got it and star of the future, but hey watch out for Cal next year - bring it on                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

your right about the moto GP  it a bit crap this year but moto2 and the 125 are brill. always liked to watch the 125s think you get some of the best racing in that, hope they don't drop it.                                                                                                                                                                             
DriftnSlide's Profile
DriftnSlide

I'd like to see Cal doing well, but I still think its too much, too soon for him next year, he should have done another year in WSB.  Its going to take him a year or two to settle into Moto GP, before the conisistent results start coming, me thinks.  Theres a huge learning curve at that level, compared to WSB.  Ben Spies/Troy Bayliss as exceptions.
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

HFG and I have both watched the moto 2 and 125 races. Scott came from no where and was unlucky to not claim a podium position. But the 125 race, 5 changes of leader on the last lap. Marquez showed his ability after his spill on the out lap. It'll give us something to look forward to at valencia this weekend. 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

They are dropping the 125's, its going to be 250 four strokes in their place, another Honda production race like the Honda 600? (err I mean moto 2).

Oh so boring GP, not enough bikes on the grid and the difference between the standards ....... top 4-5 and then a gap to the next 6-7 and then the also rans Sleepy                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

moto gp has been boring all year. can't remember an exciting race all year (for the lead anyway) off the top of my head. not helped by rossi and pedrosa's injuries and stoners poor start to the season. lorenzo had it pretty easy really. lets just hope that it gets more eciting next year with the rider changes.   125's and moto 2 have been exciting though just a shame both classes are being dominated by spaniards!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In bike racing you have to go for the deep end and Cal in Moto Gp is the right place to be now.....not waisting time in other classes get there and go for it  with the exception of the TT and other road tracks learn and learn well before you go for it.
DriftnSlide's Profile
DriftnSlide

"In bike racing you have to go for the deep end and Cal in Moto Gp is the right place to be now"...

Hmmmmm, I'm not so sure about that theory, just ask Chris walker, James Toseland, Neil Hodgson, Toni Elias, Fonzi Nieto etc, etc.....
Its a completely different ball game at that level, it exposes any weakness you have and magnifies it, which in turn screws with your confidence, your head, and ultimately your performance.
I genuinely hope Cal has a great year, but still think he should have at least stayed and tried to win WSB before the premier class move.

sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

Yes it is different at that level but you still have to get in there and do it without making mistakes or excuses for why you can't do it and not get carried away with being in the lime light and most of all enjoy what it is you do to make racing easy and easyer for everyone involved with that rider.
As Joey once said " I do it because i love it more than you know and that's the truth"
DriftnSlide's Profile
DriftnSlide

Theres no problem getting in there for Cal.  Do you think if he left it longer he would'nt get a MotoGP ride ?   If he's capable of being offered a ride now, then in 1 or 2 years later after winning a WSB title the offers will still be rolling in.  Racing is not, and is never "easy", whether its club racing right through to Moto GP, for riders or crew, especially when it becomes your job, and at the premier class level the pressure is there constantly. If you don't produce the goods, then you don't have a job.  That job becomes even more punishing at that stage when your confidence takes a dent, for whatever reasons.  I think Johnny Rea has the right idea staying at WSB, and going for the title next year, depite having MotoGP offers.  Its more experience before the big move, amd more chance of stepping onto a fully funded factory team.  Eugene Laverty will be a serious contender for the WSB title next year aswell.
Joey was "the" man, and my absolute hero throughout my childhood along with Ray McCullough.  But racing in those days when Joey signed for Honda (1982 i think) was not such a major corporate financial business as it is these days.  By the time the huge money sponsors et all took it to where it is now, Joey had already proved himself, been there, done that, and had a suitcase full of T shirts.  He had the experience, the talent, the tricks, the moves and the credabilty to compete against anyone. Still miss him after all these years, and think road racing has changed and lost a lot without him.
I even named my youngest son after him. Beer

sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

I think that when you are as fast as he is and has the people and the whole of Yamaha behind him he should go and take a shot before a Spanish or Italian ride with big money steps in his place and Dorna want a British rider in there as a crowd puller and to keep the BBC happy seeing they spent mucho ££££ to show the GP and he is the prime brit at the moment but i would like to see Laverty get the same chance for 2012 along with Cal because he is of the same calibur at this time.
It is hard to race at any level that is true but for a short circuit rider Moto Gp is at the top for them and that is were Cal should have a go ....im not saying he's going to be champ but have a go while he is on form if it doesn't work out go to Moto 2 and then WSB like Max has done.
Why stay in WSB learning a lot of tracks that Moto GP don't use on bikes and tyres that are nothing like Moto GP when you have a chance to go to the top flight...answer is HRC have an involvment with Rea and would like him to stay WSB and win the title then if there is a HRC bike available in Moto GP 2012 send him there and maybe he can bring a big sponser with him to help foot the bill.
Hopefully by 2012 there will be 50 riders trying to qualify for 36 grid positions like the old 2 stroke days and more good talent like Rae-Smith-Redding-Webb etc can get in without having to take your piggy bank to Dorna.
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Didn't Skakey Byrne move up when he was on a high, not that it did him any good Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
DriftnSlide's Profile
DriftnSlide

Aye, Shakeys had a bit of an inconsistent, uppy downy type of year, next year should be better for him.
I guess we'll just have to wait until this time next year to see how well Cal, Laverty, Rea, et all will go.
What we should do is start a BM, fantasy season next year.  Pick 2 or 3 riders from MotoGP, WSB and WSS.  Calculate the final results of your riders and whoever wins gets a free packet of cheese n onion.  Thumbs Up

Cal number 1 fan's Profile
Cal number 1 fan

In: LEEDS

has anyone heard the rumour about Cal riding for injured Ben Spies this weekend, he will be there anyway to test. ??????                                                                                                                                                                             
555byker's Profile
555byker

In: Ormskirk Lancash
23% Karma23% Karma 23% Karma23% Karma

DnS how about our own "bikermatch fantasy league" on "my road race" as well as their main one, frr league.
It covers Motogp classes, WSB & supersport, BSB & supersport and TT.
I've been there for a couple of years and it really does add interest to the weekend.
There is definately more interest on this forum in the racing now, than a few months ago!!! So how's about it guys, HFG and Rossi 46???

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7793 seconds. There are 1028 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption