VL 1500 clutch lever goes when trikes hot..!!

4 Posts | Latest reply on 04/11/2010 03:04:47 by WICCA64 | Go to original / last post
WICCA64's Profile
WICCA64

In: canvey island
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Ok.. was out in trafic on my vl 1500 trike. it's all intruder. however. while riding through the seaside traffic at southend on off clutch as you do. I found that the tension had gone from the clutch leaver I pulled over had a coffee as you do she had cooled down a little after about 20 mins or so and the clutch tenssion in the lever had regained. no sure what causes this. seens normal for a year 99 model and seems that one remady is to change the clutch fluid for a pro dot 4 with a higher boiling point. Has any body else experianced anything like this before if so do share your woes and victories would be greatful . Cheers Craig
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Hi Craig,
Yep,certainly sounds like fade through fluid boiling.A few things can cause this;
1-Insufficient clearance between slave cylinder & clutch actuating mechanism.
2-Binding/sticking pistons in slave or main cylinders.
3-Air/moisture in clutch fluid caused by failure to change fluid at recommended intervals,usually every 2 yrs.

Personally I`d try changing the fluid first,making sure you bleed it out properly & check to make sure the slave cylinder is moving freely as it should.If there`s crap around the pistons it`ll stop them returning to their correct positions allowing constant contact which will cause overheating of the fluid.
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

ditto what Wraith has said, time to give em some TLC                                                                                                                                                                              
WICCA64's Profile
WICCA64

In: canvey island
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

lol all bikes and trikes need a little TLC...LOL (well I think of a few that dont)...!!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1719 seconds. There are 671 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption