iPhones, Android, Blackberrys etc with BM

21 Posts | Latest reply on 11/01/2011 02:01:47 by wheelbarrow | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Please send me a PM if you're having trouble using the forum text editing box (or when writing a new private message).   Javascript doesn't work correctly on phones normally, so I've set them to use the basic editor.   PCs, Macs etc should all continue to work as normal.                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

good job should make it easier                                                                                                                                                                               
Matt's Profile
Matt

bump.  Just so everyone sees this.  Let me know if any Macs have problems, iPads, etc.  I can't buy every gadget out there so need to know which ones work and which don't                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

I can use the text editing box on my HTC hero (Android), but the BM site isn't optimised for mobile phone-based browsers in the way that, say, Facebook, Flickr, BBC or many other sites are.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

i know what u mean.  However, "Optimising" for mobile use actually means making a whole new website.   I've just bought the HTC Desire HD with a 4.3 inch screen.  BM fits nicely onto it as standard, it's very nice actually.   I'd like to make a mobile version, it would just take soooo long.  And each phone has different capabilities which makes it even worse.                                                                                                                                                                             
Talis's Profile
Talis

In: Yateley

Just tried this using HTC Motzart with WIN7.  Works fine for me ;)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I phones are fine ... unless in chat lol thats a 'fun time' 

also to get to bikermatch email in Chrome cannot be done the drop down wont open a new window up for it                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Nice phone Talis.  I just got the Desire HD.   Shell, if your browser doesn't support popups then just bookmark http://mail.bikermatch.co.uk and login directly.  It might not work though, it's not optimised for mobile access.  Just set up the IMAP access and use the email client as normal.   The chatroom might not work if your mobile doesn't support Ajax/Javascript.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well if you will get conned by the Apple marketing hype and buy into their monopoly.Big smile

i tunes=mp3's no more no less
i-pod=mp3 player, no more no less
Applemac=high end PC, no more no less

Its bad enough with the windows monopoly                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Don't get me started on Apple... complete rubbish.  I hate that people fall for their marketing!   You can't even change your friggin ringtone on an iPhone without installing iTunes ON A PC/MAC first!!!  WTF?  No flash, no PDFs, no anything unless APPLE SAYS SO.   My new Desire HD... can do it all.  Flash, PDFs, full office suite, HD movie recording, built in tom-tom (with full offline maps), and I can change my ringtone (amazing eh?)!   I hate Apple so much, but people never listen to me.   PS: A Mac isn't even a high-end PC!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

It's all over the place when I try to log directly in to pick up my email and don't get me started about setting up my imap to pick it up ... After the days we have spent trying ti get it to work I have given up :-(

The chat room does work on an iPhone only issue is you can ot see the last few lines of chat.

I know you don't like iPhones Matt, but the fact is it's each to thier own (personally I will be going back to a Blackberry once my contract is up) but you cannot just ignore them !
Talis's Profile
Talis

In: Yateley

Thanks Matt - still getting to grips with all it can do - already got a wake on Lan and a mobile DDNS app for it :)

And don't be so hard on the people who like i-stuff and macs, some people like playing with tonka toys *runs for cover* ;)                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Problem posting to BM using ipad . Was ok no problem when first set up and BM is the only site it happens on. I can view all posts etc but when. I tap the post box for keyboard to pop up it doesn't. Any ideas please. This is posted off my HTC desire, but I'm not a tech geek, I just like gadgets
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

i only got a nokia touch phone. . . Nothing flash but can use bm fine matt. Get a message popping up about my phone not being rich text formatted but i just ignore it and carry on and it still works! So thanks for sorting matt cos peeps tend not to say anything unless it aint working
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I had the same problem as you WB when I had my HTC Desire, but I got in touch with Matt and he sorted it, but I can't remember what he did Confused Soz.  I'll look back through my messages... Btw Matt, I told you I was really disappointed with the phone when I first had it, but now I've got the knack of customising it I love it!   PS. Correction WB, no I won't being as you can post from desire (blonde moment)                                                                                                                                                                               
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

Thanks 6, I got Matt on the case and Im sure he will come up with something. Funny thing is it was working ok before his latest play about with things. Not much fun viewing BM on the ipad and then having to post a message using my HTC. Do you think Ive got too many gadgets? Big smile

6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Definitely WB. Phone in one hand, ipad in other, what do hold  remote control with?  Cos no doubt you have to be in charge of that as well LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

I never get hold of the remote control cos SWMBO has it padlocked to her hand. Too busy with me gadgets to watch telly anyway. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hey wheels I've not changed anything recently, so it must have been something you did on ur crappy Apple product that broke it lol.   Anyone, all iPads now use the BASIC message box and Wheels has tested it's working ok                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

Yea its working as far as just typing stuff in, but I cant add any emoticons to my posts from the ipad. The only stuff I have above the text box is Font, Size Bold Italic Underline and I have the ordered list button and thats it, I can copy and paste from and to the box ok only by using the controls on the ipad. Dont worry about it though so long as I can post from it thats fine by me. PS Im on works puter so have all the doo das. SmileLOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 599 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption