Ride out with Guy Martin ! In Nott's Lincoln

28 Posts | Latest reply on 02/11/2010 05:59:37 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Worsop Poppy Launch with Guy Martin Come and have your photo taken with him and get his autograph. £10 per bike includes automatic entry  into a Grand prize draw, bacon butty, brew and a  ride through Nottinghamshire/Lincolnshire led by the man himself. Call 01623 843944 or log onto www.britishlegion.org.uk/bra...sop  for ticket/payment information to support this very  worthy cause. All proceeds to the Poppy Appeal When Sat 30 Oct 11:00 – 16:00 GMT (no daylight saving) Where John Fretwell Sporting Complex, Sookholme Road, Sookholme, Mansfield, Notts. NG19 8LL (map) I Checked weather on BBC Looks Good !                                                                                                                                                                             
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

Ill join u Kaz :-) x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Will be great day weather looks good on BBC ! Make tthe moxt of it. If anyone is in Nottingham aand wants to ride over together can meet at Unicorn Gunthorpe at 09:30 Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi all just had chat with British Legion Bikers. They stated not to worrie about buying tickets on line if there are any problems. Just turn up on day to be sure you get food and Drink. It would be great if peeps could deffo let me know if they are coming as they have asked me to call them back Friday night with a total if poss to ensure enough BACON BUTTY'S ! If you do come late they might be all gone but there will be a reduction in he price of the ride out ! Big smile  Starts at 12:oo finishes 16:00 hrs. If coming from Nottingham Lets meet at the unicorn Grantham at 10:30 Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

I'll be with you!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Put me down as a provisional yes. Will let u know for def before Friday. Any chance I could tag along with yamahama to Notts?                                                                                                                                                                             
kaw600's Profile
kaw600

In: Doncaster

who's Gay Martin ?????                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Guy Martin - Cadwell ? Back Next ? Picture 1 of 2 Pictures by Glynne Lewis Phil Wain PRESS RELEASE – Guy Martin Guy Martin was back in short circuit action over the Bank Holiday weekend, for only the second time since his heavy crash at the Isle of Man TT Races in June, and the Kirmington rider was pleased with his progress at the British Championship meeting at Cadwell Park. The Wilson Craig Racing star put in a strong ride in Monday’s British Supersport 600cc Championship race on his Honda machine to pick up three points for finishing 13th whilst he also had a guest outing in the Harley-Davidson XR1200 Trophy series recording 6th, 7th and 8th in the three races. Although he’d ridden superbly at the Ulster Grand Prix in mid-August, Guy admitted he was still feeling his way back into the short circuit style of racing but he steadily improved during practice and qualifying, reducing his lap times in each session. Conditions were mixed throughout with a combination of sun, wind and rain making life difficult for everyone but second qualifying for the Supersport class was held in the dry and a time of 1m32.958s meant that Guy would line up in 23rd place in the grid. A good start in the 16-lap race saw Guy move up two places by the end of the first lap and, at quarter race distance, he was inside the top 20 in 19th. Lapping comfortably quicker than what he ahd done in qualifying, he quickly overhauled three more riders and as the riders headed into their 8th lap, Guy was knocking on the door of the top 15. Sure enough, a lap later he was up in to the points in 15th and this became 11th on lap 14 when he overtook Dan Kneen, who he’d enjoyed a number of battles with at the Ulster GP. Despite lapping 1.3s quicker than his qualifying time, it didn’t look as if Guy would be able to climb any higher but, on the 15th lap, Joe Dickinson crashed out causing the race to be stopped early and so he was awarded 13th place. Meanwhile, Guy had also been invited to be a ‘guest’ rider in the Harley-Davidson XR1200 Trophy races, the first time he’d ever been on one of the American machines. Despite his unfamiliarity with the bike, he again got quicker and quicker as the weekend progressed and, after qualifying in 8th place, he went on to finish all three of his races inside the top 8, the best finish being 6th in Monday’s opening encounter. Speaking later, Guy commented: “I’m still very much easing my way back into my racing and the last thing I want to do is throw the bike down the road so this weekend’s been all about building my confidence back up on the short circuits. It takes a while to get back to the mentality of pushing to the limit all the time but I’ve chipped away steadily and whilst I didn’t uproot any trees, I was getting quicker and quicker all the time and to get in the points in the Supersport race and jump up 10 places from my qualifying position was satisfying. As for the Harley-Davidson races, well, they were certainly an education. I’ve never ridden one of them before and they’re a fair old weapon to get around the track but I was learning more and more with each and every outing, lapping quicker all the time, and I really enjoyed myself out there. Mike Edwards was passing on tips to me all the time so a big thank you to him for all his advice and help whilst a big thank you to Danny and Alistair for doing a mega job with the 600 once more.”                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

This event is now on the calendar   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1136                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ok thanks Kwak for your help Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ok count me in                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Great Lone some other peeps ar meeting us there Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

Bump lol :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

il be there too ;o) yayyy meet at unicorn at gunthorpe?? 10.30?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi xsuzix great you are coming looking forward to meeting you at last lol. Yes Unicorn 10.30 is great !! Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yayy nice one cant wait to meet everyone Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey Yam any luck with ya mate so I can call British Legion bikers laters to let them know amount.I dont want to miss out on Breakfast yummy bacon butty lmao . Come on pull ya finger out get it sorted Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ok have contacted British Legion bikers tthey are set for us coming.Thanks for letting me know who can and cannot make it x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Looking forward to it xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

GREAT DAY OUT X  Thanks to all who came x   Great prizes won ! X   We took Guy Martin over as a Pillion in our group on the back of redzeds bike what a buzz x   BM PEEPS RULE LOL !!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 1099 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption