How cold!!

36 Posts | Latest reply on 21/10/2010 19:27:43 by guzzi-rob | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi all,
Well, i've just spent my first evening working on the bike outside, and how freaking cold it it?? Maybe it's the carb cleaner all over the hands, nope toes are damn cold as well! If this is only october, then hell, might as well order the heated grips now lol!
Fixing up my ebay zephyr so i can ride through winter instead of being a fair weather boy again, hopefully this trusty (lol not so far!!) steed will see me through the darker months, and even more hopefully meet up with some of you all!
Take care, now, where's that damn patio heater......

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Yep.............it's cold, right enough!!!      It was lovely this afternoon, been out in just a t-shirt and jeans, went to get the washing in this evening and it was sooooooooooooo cold!!  I've put the heating on.. Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Yup, I have already started taking medication for my raynauds and usually it's end if November before I touch it                                                                                                                                                                             
sportijoe's Profile
sportijoe

In: Warrington

Yep it's bloody cold here to! been working outside on sons scooter. Just wondering shell did the gP prescribe for raynards - didn't think you could get anything for it when  I last asked!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Been back inside an hour now and i'm still cold!!! Yeah, it's been lovely during the day - typical as A, i've neither bike taxed at the mo, and B, stuck in an office all day, booo!!
Need to get some sun on me, so wanna just go get on a plane and head somewhere hot :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Sporti ... yup ... its the same stuff they give to patients with Angina ... you can have Adalat gell... thats a quick kick of the stuff, I take that when the weather suddenly turns cold and I have not had my other stuff , also I have Nifedipine which I can take up to 10mg 4 times a day to keep me going through the winter and speed up my circulation.

They dont like to give it out, as one of the side effects is that it lowers your blood pressure rapidly and speeds up your heart rate amongst other things and its easy to overdose on but I used to get chill blaines so bad when it was cold they had to do something for me or I risked it becoming worse I am supposed to take it all year round ... but dont as I dont want to get to the stage where its not working in the winter , which is a possibility if I am always on it                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

To be fair, I may put my thermal lining in my jacket for next week.  But we'll see, I have the advantage that it's only around ten to fifteen minutes from the lock up to work and I can put up with the cold for that time.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Deffo need to buy meself some winter gloves now i'm back riding in winter. Mebbe heated grips too if i'm gonna be really soft! Can't wait to get back on it though, been a while since i had my leg over lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

Coolest day yet? Still had brill day out at Stafford tho'.                                                                                                                                                                              
grumpydraws's Profile
grumpydraws

In: march

already got my thermals out , heated grips on , hot water bottle ready to tuck in my jacket, na not really . mind if it gets as bad this winter as last i think i will give the bike a reat for the winter                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Jeeezz.....You lot are a bunch of wimps!
A couple of degrees drop in temperature & you all grab your thermals & scarves......
Sorry,hold on a minute,someone at the door.....

Err.....there`s a brass monkey at the door asking if anyone knows a good welder......LOL

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I missed all that cold malarkey then? lol. Cornwall wasn't cold                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

It's not cold still work in tee shirt all day and starting at 4am stop being a trart will let you have the carb cleaner for cold fingers lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I got so cold I almost had to let Mr P give me his jacket to keep warm !!                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

I was going to have heated grips on my new bike but I just couldnt bring myself to do it,I've only recently started wearing waterproofs after 30 odd years!                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

It's gonna be a cold one today. Nice frost on the car this morning.                                                                                                                                                                              
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

not as bad as expected here its cold but no frost, anyone get the snow that was forcast?                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

cold here..and frost this morning...but blue skies and sunshine!   A friend up near Whitby put on their  FBstatus last night they had sleet and hail!   Brrrrrrrr                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Some bright spark once suggested putting Fiery Jack cream on fingers and toes before kitting up to keep the cold out. Maybe we used too much but thought me hands and feet were going to spontaneously combust they got so hot! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Ruddy cold here today -2 when I got in the car this morning !!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 571 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption