How do you tell when.......

19 Posts | Latest reply on 08/10/2010 10:47:25 by DG99 | Go to original / last post
guzzi-rob's Profile
guzzi-rob

In: London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Summers finally over!

For me the first signs are cold knees on the morning ride to work, and the liner going back in me jacket.

Usually shortly followed by waterproofs bungieed across the back seat!

Fitchy's Profile
Fitchy

In: Yeovil

Yep I can second those signs QR Thumbs Up   And me winter gloves come out,    usually only a few weeks after that the Leathers go away and out comes the lined Textile gear, I dont do cold lol                                                                                                                                                                             
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

Yep same here, thermal liner gets added to the jacket, my thighs get cold in the morning, winter gloves go on, knik wax and washing up liquid get used more often, and my draggins don't see the light of day for a few months! Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Drum's Profile
Drum

In: Nowhere

It becomes worth the struggle to get the waterproof boots on, linings go in, scarfs and lobster gloves come out. Heated grips go on.                                                                                                                                                                             
andyl250's Profile
andyl250

In: liverpool
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

yep all the liners are back in my jacket and trousers, having to get used to riding in my thick winter gloves theyve just got no feel. Iam goin to hang on as long as poss before i put my windstopper in but i dont think it will be much longer lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

Drum - can you get lighter boots for the summer?  I only have one pair and I've never had a leak issue                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Hand hotties go down the back of my gloves and the grips get turned on to walk the palms of my hands

That and the thick scarf comes out instead of the buff                                                                                                                                                                             
guzzi-rob's Profile
guzzi-rob

I've junked my traditional thick winter gloves for a pair of Jofama winter gloves.
They're swedish and so thin you wouldn't think they would be any good but they are the best I've ever had.
Only £25 a pair too Thumbs Up

Drum's Profile
Drum

In: Nowhere

@Brigadoon: I have some nice boots I wear in summer, but they're not even slightly waterproof.

New boots is on the list though.

@guzzi-rob. Got a link matey?

Oh, also thermals! I had mine on when I went for a spin today. Toasty!                                                                                                                                                                              
DaftUn's Profile
DaftUn

In: Preston

I did the Blackpool Illuminations Run with my ski suit on underneath my textiles - they were busting out at the seams . . . I could hardly move but I was toasty warm against the bitter sea wind!   As a pillion, I just cuddle up  . . . Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Fitchy's Profile
Fitchy

In: Yeovil

Thermals hmm that sounds like a good idea......   Ermm  maybe i am getting to the age where I can wear em lol   Thumbs Up Yep 2nd that Drum we need a link to them there Gloves please guzzi-rob                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Is it cold out there or something?

I put my thermal lining back in my jacket last week, but it's been too warm for it this week.  Leather trousers, unlined goretex jacket and a t shirt ... fine for me!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yep, liner back in jacket, not quite in winter gloves yet but def feeling it on the thighs at 6am on way to work.   Also got the flourescent jacket back on now, oh how I love to ride in the dark....NOT LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

leather trous, leggings under & waterproof jacket... two pairs of sox too !!                                                                                                                                                                             
guzzi-rob's Profile
guzzi-rob

Here you go Drum, if a nation knows how to keep warm, its got to be the Swedes!
The gloves I've got are the Tour de force ones

http://www.jofama.se/motorcycle_wear/leatherortextile.php?lang=2
kfoggy67's Profile
kfoggy67

In: Cheshire

yep the sexy thermals are now out!! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Im a heating engineer so the phone starts going mad when winters here thats my first inclination lol oh and me van windows mist over first thing in mornings lol too cold for the bike  mind                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

LOLLOL I have all that stuff on rigth through the sumer..I'm alwys coldUnhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

Who does the outlets for these gloves GR?  The range of products are great, I'm well impressed.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7813 seconds. There are 842 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption