BM meeting places

82 Posts | Latest reply on 26/10/2010 17:21:06 by skinnylady | Go to original / last post
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

just a thought we all know of biker meeting places but what if we had some BM meeting places up and down the country coz how many times do we all go to a bikers spot and see some one we think may be from BM but dare not go ask   so i just thought some regular haunts may be in order so we can meet up regularly with bmers in your area  wot you think ??                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Think Thats a grets idea mate.   Nottingham here X Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

Good idea WN, im guessing your suggesting particular places not just an area?                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Yes good idea but won't we still have same problem of (is it isn't it)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Great idea, and especially for newbies to come along and meet the rest of us.  I think a monthly meet in each area, somewhere public like a cafe or bar so newbies could take along a mate if they felt uncomfortable turning up on their own would be great.   In Brum we obviously have quite a few nights out normally which serve this purpose and I know newbies are generally invited along to these personally by events team or mods so they know they will be made to feel welcome.  Anyone I've spoken to about the site when I've been wearing the clothing etc. thinks it's great to have the regular get togethers.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

Here in Hobbit land as Boss Mom says we do tend to meet on a regular basis, but am all for a a set day if thats what folk would like :)                                                                                                                                                                              
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

fab idea, Sunset & me are near Gunthorpe & a biker friendly pub called the Unicorn.   Nice spot near the river and easily accessible off the A1 route.  :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Suzi5551's Profile
Suzi5551

In: Durham

I'm in Durham.  Anyone fancy a meeting venue in this area?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just as a meet up point around Brum for a coffee, what about Bassetts Pole McD the first or last Sunday of the month?  If it's an OK day we could always go for a ride-out from there after.                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Suzanne and anyone else local or not. 

There's a few of us meet up in The Railway Tavern on North Road in Darlo every Saturday night in the lounge. Anyone would be made welcome so come and say hello, don't sit in on a Sat night Wink

There's also a fancy dress halloween party there at the end of the month Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

jp said  "Yes good idea but won't we still have same problem of (is it isn't it) "   we need a funny hand shake like the bike clubs lol   well scarborough whitby or bridlington would be good for east coast side if any intrested                                                                                                                                                                              
Drum's Profile
Drum

In: Nowhere

I'm only an hour away from Basset's Pole, so could easily make a regular meet there.                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

Good idea but will peeps actually turn up. there is the weekly meet at the Vic in coalville but very few from BM turn up, or if they do don't tell anyone and so are missed.
Perhapse a list that is permanent would be good so it doesn't fall off the events page.
Ninja Lou's Profile
Ninja Lou

In: Swadlincote
23% Karma23% Karma 23% Karma23% Karma

yeh thats a good idea.  I was gonna go Bassetts tonight but no where to see if any one else is going                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

A few of us try and get to the Scotch Piper in Lydiate each Wednesday, (weather permiting) you will generally find Wills, Earthwind, Paganprince, laimdan (formerly Bluejeans2000), susiesue and little ole me .  Have yet to meet dunans who usually gets there and leaves before us (is he trying to tell us something??!!).  If anyone wants to join us just give one of us a shout Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think the Vic falls down because it is midweek and in the evening and, like you say it is not always easy to spot those who do turn up because it's a pub.  I think a meet of a weekend and mid-morning would be more suitable for some and you have the option of going on somewhere after if it's nice.  If it was once a month it could be put on events and those planning on attending could put their names down so we'd see faces and know who we were looking for.   Hope that all makes sense.   (Now when exactly did I join the events team by proxy lol)                                                                                                                                                                             
meerkat's Profile
meerkat

In: hull

great idea nealy theres lots of places to meet on the east coast where spoilt for choice                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

we are meerkat but no bugger ever comes out to meet up anywhere round here  tight yorkshire folk i rekon ! lol                                                                                                                                                                              
catman61's Profile
catman61

In: Tamworth

great idea about Bassetts on a sunday morning or afternoon, i am all for that as it would be easier to meet everyone here rather than an event like the Vic where its harder to meet everyone from here                                                                                                                                                                              
Talis's Profile
Talis

In: Yateley

I think you've had a great idea WheelyNealy - can anyone suggest a meeting point for those of us down South ?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 1274 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption