Protecting BikerMatch Members

80 Posts | Latest reply on 05/10/2010 20:16:06 by whackojacko | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

To all members of BikerMatch,   It's my duty as the owner of this site to ensure everyone is protected from malicious online users, and even worse - offline people.   Therefore I want to warn everyone that you can and WILL lose your BikerMatch account if you fail to show respect for other BikerMatch members.   For example, if you fail to correctly disclose your marital status to someone you meet on BikerMatch (for a relationship) then this will result in a permanent ban.   Likewise, lying to members of the club about your activities with other members of the club will also result in a ban.   I will not allow anyone to "abuse" our members in such way.  If you want such an "adult friend" site then there are plenty out there - but BikerMatch is NOT like that and never has been.   I should not have multiple members of BM complaining about certain other members of the site "playing around" with everyone they can here.   Thanks for understanding.                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Will you be my 'adult friend' Matt??? Tongue

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Oohh Matt we love it when your masterful :-)

Serious tho I quite agree not nice when someone is using the site to ' put notches on the bed post' as my nan would have said.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Matt, waste not want not, chuck 'em over here Wink LOL    Censored  players, I can't be doin' wiv 'em, can we have a lynching, I'm bored? LOL   (sorry, I'm in an idot mood) Clown   Matt how do you know that the complainer isn't telling lies? You know, a woman scorned, or man, wanting to get their own back for being dumped. It's a mine field.   If folk remember that just cos someone isn't right for them doesn't mean they are a bad person and keep any opinions to themselves about previous partners, letting others find out for themselves then a lot of unpleasantness, and preconceived ideas, could be avoided.     Obviously if a date/partner behaves in a potentially violent manner then that's the time to let Matt know so that said person can be dealt with. IMHO                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I like the way it's got "tell you later" on yours Matt lol.  Are you hiding something? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Kwak has a valid point some people are just malicious, revengeful even jealous, when they can't get their own way, sadly it's human qualities we see in every day life.

There are women and men online that are most definitely virtual stalkers, it's creepy. It is very difficult to define and monitor, especially on a site like bm. Member "Abuse" comes in many forms, it's good to see that you show genuine concern for members. Good luck Matt I think you've got your hands full!!

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

OOO can i have Matt after you DC lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Got to aggree with the sentiment Matt, however you having to read others messages, to get to the bottom of a problem will become a bit old rather fast if you've got to investigate ALL and any accusations of what you are trying to achieve here, I do not aggree that anyone should be open to any kind of abusive behaviour on here or any other site to be fair, but think you will still have your work cut out as others say here what's to stop the accuser of just being a jilted party out for revenge??? Apart from anything else the work load you may have to take on to get to the bottom of the problem may be a liitle more than you would want!
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Matt it's good that you're concerned about the members but I think I'd check where you would stand legally by terminating someones paid account based on their 'private' activities unless it's expressly stated in your terms of membership.

Perhaps a name and shame thread would be more appropriate and far more entertaining for the rest of us Thumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Don't forget there are quite a few of us Mods who can be contacted confidentially and most of us are regulars at meets etc so we have got to know alot of the members.. sometimes we will see the 'real' picture, or at least got to see both sides.   Either way, if anyone has any concerns, please let us know.Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think I need to have a word with you on that basis then Kaz Wink  I have some concerns of my own lol
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

I just want to reiterate what Karey has said.   A lot of the mods, meet members on a regular basis and if you do feel the need to chat about these matters in confidence, please dont hesitate to contact any of the 'site mods'.   Alex                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

As a Mod i can only high light what the others have already said ............. anything which you have a concern about please talk to one of us, if your local to me i have no problem coming along to meet you to talk face to face if thats easier then phone or text or pm .............. anything said is kept in confidence 
Matt's Profile
Matt

sorry for the delay replying.   I don't necessarily need to read through PMs and stuff.  There are some members of BM who have been here for a very long time.  Some people, like moderators, who I trust entirely.   If a new member joins the site, doesn't pay his/her subs and keeps a standard membership, then I start getting multiple complaints from various long-term members of the site about this person's offline activities... then it's in the best interest of the club that they be removed.   If someone HAS paid their subs, but I decide that we as a club don't want that person here (but they don't break any rules) then I will give a refund.   I don't think it's necessary to put it into the rules that people should be 'respectful of each other'.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

All I have to say is we are all adults  we may not like it or act it but we are responsible for our actions  omissions and decisions                                                                                                                                                                              
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

I had a problem with an ex and spoke to Jackie Brum and she was excellent, thanks Jackie.  xx                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

i never had any problems until i spoke to brummie jackie                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

haha duns.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think you'll find BJ IS the root of all evil                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

can you protect BM memebers from them selves too ! shame you had to take this action Matt but you do right !                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6602 seconds. There are 569 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption