Tips for Camping with a Motorbike

82 Posts | Latest reply on 28/09/2010 11:35:28 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Most of you probably already know 'what to pack' and 'how to pack' etc but some don't and this link is for those.   I don't camp, and haven't camped since I was a child, but I think this site it a good place to start for info, of course if any B M members would like to give their tips as well that would be good too.   http://www.lazymotorbike.eu/tips/camping/                                                                                                                                                                               
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is it  something like this   saw this bike on a recent trip to Ireland                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I think that is Sumo on his way to a rally lolBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

lol i've seen that bike before........ think you could be right John Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

LOL Do either of you have any tips and advice, serious ones I mean, for newbie bike campers?                                                                                                                                                                               
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

Pack for yourself is most important

sleeping back
roll mat / bed
blanket
pot to cook in
mug
plate knife fork spoon
toilet roll
cooker
tent
tarp
tea coffee etc
kettle (optional cos u coul use pot) remember tho u might wanna brew up when cooking tho

do shop when u get to site
This does all fit on a bike ....even a harley !!!!! I did it lol
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

oh and i had chair on back                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

sleeping back roll mat / bed blanketpot to cook in mugplate knife fork spoontoilet rollcookertenttarptea coffee etckettle (optional cos u coul use pot) remember tho u might wanna brew up when cooking tho chair   Also don't forget   Wetwipes torch clothes (lots of socks..nowt worse if your socks get wet through and you can't get your feet warm) woolly hat.. ( surprising how warmer you will feel)                                                                                                                                                                                 
madhat's Profile
madhat

In: glasgow

Lol well as a dont have a bike and cant offer any tips a tell you what not to do   Dont try getting a double airbed into a single tent Embarrassed LOL   saying no more lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

how about a pile of bungee straps and don't forget the bike!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Dont forget the pilly and panniers are great for the makeup (kidding!!!) but plastic bags to kkep things of the ground if wet and pegs to hang things to try . XB                                                                                                                                                                             
Brian1's Profile
Brian1

In: Huddersfield

Cheers all - madhat ....what can i say ! this going to be fun shame its this end of the season !   I'm presuming that some of this packing attracts the attention of the boys in blue ?                                                                                                                                                                                 
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

This is the real thing. Bikermatch member (who shall remain namelessLOL) about to take to the roads after reducing the loadShocked

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

I am sure Timeout has a pic of me and Mr Ken on way to rally fully loaded which me thinks would raise a few eyebrows lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Here's Ziggy, my trusty 125!  all packed up!

bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Don't take a pillion campin. They take up far too much space (even the small ones). It means you can take a proper size tent which goes on the back seat with yer double  infatable matteress, double  sleeping bag and arm chair. most importantly you gonna need music. small radio or mp3 player.Geek Even better if you get someone to go in a small van. then they can take everything and you get to ride yer bike luggage free. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Squashy !!!!! lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

How dare you call dinky a small van!   I always take a tea towel and squishy for washing up as well.  Plasters, just in case.                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Is squishy JP's new nickname?Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

oh yeah...and what about all the flack the driver of the small van (or estate) has to take cos they haven't come on their bike Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 802 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption