Oxford crap gear again!

12 Posts | Latest reply on 08/10/2010 04:09:08 by Wilson | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've just put my bike away and the 'OXFORD HEAVY DUTY' shackle lock has failed so I can't open it and my bike is now firmly secured to a ground anchor. I'm going to write to Oxford AGAIN and tell them what a load of sh*te they are!! Angry                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Why write send them the locksmiths bill thay may well reply to you then                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

I'm gonna cut it off with a grinder jp then post the pics to them. Everything i've bought from them including boots (twice), intercom and lock have all knacked within 18 months. It's absolutely disgusting that a company selling chat from China can go under the guise of 'British' with union jacks all over their crap stuff!!
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Cut it off send it to MCN with the keys, see if any others are having the same probs?  only way to get better kit is to shame the companys into it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Over half of 'supposed' designer gear - is manufactured in China now.
Can't you remember? We sold off the British manufacturing industry!    We manufacture nothing now but at least the financial sector will keep us afloat Shocked                                                                                                                                                                               
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

Stop buying Oxford gear!

Problem solved!

RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

I stopped buying Oxford gear when the first thing I bought (Oxford Bone Dry) boots fell to bits within 3 months yamahama. Trouble is I bought several other items at the same time and every one of them has let me down!

On the plus side I managed to get the shackle off tonight with a few smacks with a big hammer. Just as well I wasn't a thief cos it was mighty easy!! Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Wilson's Profile
Wilson

In: Mold

my oxford "first time" panniers haven't let me down as yet but the colour in them just went in the sun.

I've used the oxford monster lock for a good while now and it's only been a bit off from time to time.

I tend to think of oxford gear as the bike, needs general maintenance and even then it's not guaranteed to work Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Wilson my lock was a bit iffy a couple of times before it gave up the ghost. The good news is it only takes 15 seconds with a club hammer to break the lock off so don't worry too much when it fails!! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

The criminal world will be thanking you for that info Terry  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

A mate recommended almax chains, got a couple of them now, they seem pretty good, although you need a separate lock.  Their videos are quite impressive...                                                                                                                                                                             
Wilson's Profile
Wilson

In: Mold

think id go for the datatool equipment if i could afford it, ill remember that when it decides to cease Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 839 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption