DVLA and clamping

22 Posts | Latest reply on 09/09/2010 23:37:37 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

It's 1.05am and I've just been to put some rubbish out..and there's a DVLA van outside...they've just clamped 2 cars!!   Make sure you're cars/bikes are taxed everyone!!!                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Someone not made their weekly quota there me thinks LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

yeh most probably, Shell!  lol   I've just had to double check mine..it runs out next month!!  phew!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Geezzz .... That's scary!!! Don't they sleep.... LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

get less hassle at night, but fair is fair....... I have to pay the barstewards so everyone else should too lol...... but they really should get a real job ........and a life.....lolLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Wish I got payed as much as thay do for doing a propper job lol                                                                                                                                                                              
GreasyTony's Profile
GreasyTony

In: Camberley
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

MMM .. Looks like they are early this month. I usually see them round our way on the 14th to 16th. They always seem to clamp 2 or 3 round here each time.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Lol well I would say it's peoples own fault ... However this last week I have heard of 3 people who are upstanding people not scroats who have all just discovered that their MOT ran out without them realising! If had been seen on one of them auto recognition things would have been a shock lol

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes, the MOT thing is a pain not getting a reminder - although i think mine is pretty close to the tax.

i tax my trike but i keep forgetting to put the blooming disc on! not displayed it for a couple of years now - i must get down to the garage and put this years on.
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

my car mot ran out in april lol didnt notice till september. good job ive mostly been using my bike                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes have to be on our toes when it comes to the mots with bikes ..                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Although I display my current tax disc on my bike, I believed that as long as you carried the disc on you whilst riding (for instance under the seat or on your person) it was legal.   The reason being of course it is easier to pinch a disc from a bike than from inside a car, so a certain leeway was given, solely for that reason.   Of course a traffic warden could still ticket you if you were away from the bike on a public highway and not displaying.   Whether this still stands up I don't know as the days of nicking tax discs and altering the details have diminished, with the authorities, be it 'old bill' or traffic wardens able to punch in the registration and get all the info on tax, insurance and MOT at the scene, immediately.    So for the potential thief, the market is no longer there, and for the authorities, whether the tax is displayed or not, validity can be instantly obtained.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Not displaying the tax disk is a separate offence to not having tax, and I can't imaging you getting done for not displaying if you're on the bike with it in your pocket. But if it's parked somewhere without a disk on display you are breaking the law and could get a ticket.

micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

with all the new or not so new now technology these days why do we still need an outdated piece of paper to say you have taxed your vehicle. If it aint displayed they can easily check. Suppose like everyting else its a way to make money                                                                                                                                                                              
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

I agree G Beldon as you repeated what I said.
Tax discs on bikes unlike cars are placed in all manner of positions, some being difficult to read for the authorities concerned and it would probably be easier for them to scan in the registration and get 'instant' verification. Having a current tax disc does not mean you have current insurance or MOT, only that you had them when you initially taxed the vehicle. I think no tax is the lesser evil of the three requirements and if the authorities are genuine in trying to stop illegal bikes, then scanning the registration will give all relevant information as fast or faster than bending down to view a mud splattered tax disc with no guarantee that the other lawful requirements are still valid.                                                                                                                                                                              
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

I had mine on front mud guard but when on sidestand it tucked up under fairing so was dificult to see. Had a couple of tickets issued but widrawn when I sent picture of disk in place I have a cylinder holder now which is below reg plate gets a bit dirty but is readable                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

a few years back i had a car that the tax had run out on. no messing they sent a wagon round to move it. i asked the chap how much for the fine he said £200. by this time a bike copper had turned up. me and to copper sat chatting about bikes as he knew i'd got a triumph. we had a laugh cus i told the bloke i was not paying £200 when i only paid £125 for the car. so they took it away.lol
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

hahah Duns ... you make 4 now that I have heard do that ... in 1 week !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

mine had oil leak, no wipers,low headlight, bald tyre, loose balljoint....only just passed lol did ball joint today gettin new tyre tomorrow lol                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Soz but I've no sympaphy for people who don't pay there car tax. I pay mine, reluctantly but I still pay                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 2.6563 seconds. There are 820 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption