Who Is Your Hero ?

29 Posts | Latest reply on 13/09/2010 23:20:18 by yamahama | Go to original / last post
DriftnSlide's Profile
DriftnSlide

In: Belfast/Larne
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I saw this topic on another non bike site, and it raised some surprising responces.  So I thought it might be interesting here.

I'll go first, although I have quite a few, so to narrow it down to 3, it would be....

William Joseph Dunlop - facts about this man speak for themselves, not just "the" best rider ever, but personality, charity work etc.

John Templeton - The orthopaedic consultant, who saved my life and my leg in 1984 after a serious bike accident.

Steve McQueen - Great actor and biker with incredible talent on any kind of motorcycle.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

my Dad  Big smile   ~ most intelligent, inspiring, and knowledegable person ive ever met, he could fix anything with a motor!     Slash ~ apart from being the sexiest guy on earth.. that man makes me go weak when he plays the guitar, amazing artist     William Wallace ~ yes wor willie!  a knight, outlaw, commander, diplomat; extraordinary military tactics, i admire his bravery and commitment to Scotland; FREEEDOOOMMM!!!   Sitting Bull, Lakota Sioux ~ a great chief & leader; if you dont know about him.. get reading Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
badger59's Profile
badger59

In: Newton Abbot

Leonardo da Vinci The man was way ahead of his time, it just makes you wonder if he were alive today just what would he get up to.   My true hero would like Geordie be my dad a great mechanic who left this world far to early                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

einstein i like his hair and silly grin (not to mention his theories on time                                                                                                                                                                               
giantdog's Profile
giantdog

In: Derby

Easy peesey   Jaret Reddick   Lead singer of Bowling for Soup   gets me every time                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

well i looked lmao                                                                                                                                                                               
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Sheene       7   Hailwood     Britton       newzeland chap home made Britton V twin's ace bikes                                                                                                                                                                                   
Drum's Profile
Drum

In: Nowhere

My mate Tom who is a combat photographer in the army and currently dodging shrapnel in Afghanistan.

Bloody good guitarist and biking guru too.

SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Its got to be Sheene for me. Still well up when I think of the thousands who stayed behind to see him in the classic race at Donny on moto gp day. He wiped the floor with the rest of the field in both races.
His last competative race. A true hero Cry
Oh and me Dad, who without our family days out to a newly opened Donny, I would not be fantatical about bike racing and be a biker till i die. Cheers Dad Thumbs Up

Ducatirebel77's Profile
Ducatirebel77

In: Kettering

My Mum, an amazingly strong woman who dealt with lifes blows in such an admirable way and showed courage and strength even when she lost her fight for life.   Truly inspirational                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Joey Dunlop - fantastic guy met him on several occasions whilst doin the pits in IOM, had time for every one of his fans    John Britten - A man that would of achieved greatness in the motorcycle world (wow WheelyNealy.. thought i was gonna be on my own with that name! )   My aunties Val and Janet - cos they are the best adopted mums a girl could ask for                                                                                                                                                                             
Ki's Profile
Ki

In: North Notts

Burt Munro... builder of the "worlds fastest Indian" who built a world land speed record bike in his shed in NZ - the man was an engineering genius Thumbs Up as an ex engine builder I am amazed at the way he converted the original 1920's engine into something capable of 200+ mph in the 1950's Approve                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Thanks for the history lesson Ki....will wikky wacky it LOL   Will get back to you on who is my hero, cus there are several.                                                                                                                                                                                 
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

Stephen Fry - intelligent, witty and very funny, I have great admiration for him                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex

Got the DVD Ki, well worth a watch.                                                                                                                                                                              
Drum's Profile
Drum

In: Nowhere

Yes Ki! Superb guy. The film is well worth a watch if anyone hasn't seen it.                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

My son who is out in Afghanistan at the moment with REME, started his Afghan tour only 3 weeks after coming back from Iraq, Im not sure if its dedication to duty or stupid, but bless him and all the other soldiers who are out there.Thumbs UpClap                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

David Jefferies - a 'proper' biker :))  rip x                                                                                                                                                                              
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
51% Karma51% Karma 51% Karma51% Karma

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WinkLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

fat boab tryin tae git intae daphne broon in the sunday post.    Sorry peeps thats the xxx version. Wink lol.   honestly--- IAN KILMINSTER--- aka you tell me ian who?

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2695 seconds. There are 352 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption