help/advice

9 Posts | Latest reply on 06/09/2010 13:02:15 by fxr swas | Go to original / last post
gordon62's Profile
gordon62

In: selby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

just wondering if anyone can help me.......just got in from a ride out, got hell of a wobble on the front end followed by what sounded like a cracking sound or like something snapping.......any ideas or suggestions please                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Can't offer any easy answers based on what you've said, but it doesn't sound good, and I'd get it looked as ASAP. I'd start in the morning by pushing/pulling everything connected to the front end of the bike to see if anything is flapping loose, though.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Found on the net   1)  Wheel bearings.  (believe it or not, the rear) But check both front and back.2)  Steering head bearings.3)  Unbalanced wheel.  (also, almost always the rear wheel)Get your wheels checked first.  If one is not balanced properly, then that is the easiest fix.  Then go to the wheel bearings and last the steering head.   I know zilch about bikes Gordon but a crack doesn't sound good at all, deffo don't ride it til it's sorted.    Let us know what the cause is when you find out. Hope it's not expensive.  

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sounds like a something sheering, sheck all nuts on front end, wheel bearings and also could be a bearing going in the head bearings........another thought check the frame for cracks especially around the yolk head...other than that mate I would be taking it very slowly to the nearest reliable bike shop
gordon62's Profile
gordon62

In: selby

thanks for all the info guys, i've decided to play safe n just get it into Kaizen Bikes n let them sort it, i think something like that just isn't worth the risk, i'll let you know kwak as soon as i find out                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Hi,
Am I right in thinking the wheel wobble came before the noise?
If so it could be something as simple as front wheel balance weights flying of & hitting something else-or possibly a tyre breaking up;check for odd shapes/runout on the tyres,or even wire sticking out through the tyres-perhaps even a puncture or blowout.
In any event,check the bike over BEFORE riding it anywhere in case it`s serious damage somewhere-if unsure get it recovered to wherever you take it to be checked/repaired.
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

wheel bearing                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Best have a good look at the tyre  a mate on a run suddenly same probs bad wobble on bike turned out his tyre was coming apart as said check for odd bumps and lumps                                                                                                                                                                              
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I had bangs/cracking noises coming from the front one time,bike seemed to be alright till i tried going round a sharp bend,tyre came away from the rim,had it checked by the rac who said tyre/valve ok the only way it could have happened is if somebody has let pressure out of the tyre, this was after being at stormin a few years ago before I set off for it tyre pressure was spot on. I'd be checking the tyre first.Good luck 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3281 seconds. There are 578 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption