Numb bum!!

33 Posts | Latest reply on 14/09/2010 16:46:48 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Err no actually!! Embarrassed

It's a good one though, well noticed Sandi LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I have used Sargent Motorcycle Seats in the past, they are good but are not that cheap. Smile

http://www.sargentcycle.co.uk/index.html

I have also got to sort something out for the VFR, stock is not that great for distance. Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Thanks for that Pheonix but i've just had a look and they don't do one for the ZZR, shame cos they're not the most expensive that's for sure!                                                                                                                                                                             
2Tdreamin's Profile
2Tdreamin

In: Rugby

I thought you'd have typed 'motorcycle' before 'seat modifiers'.pmsl Try caulfieldleather.co.uk  , manchester based company, there is loads more who don't modify toilets.                                                                                                                                                                             
Dumass's Profile
Dumass

In: Enfield

I started to get some problems on my recent trip to the alps even on a BMW but i put it down to the heat. I invested in an AIRHAWK seat pad which cost 100 euro and is adjustable for pressure. It's like sitting on a waterbed but it also allows air passage between the cells so also has a cooling effect. It may not work for you but then again it might so could be worth a try, definatly cheaper than a new seat.
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

2T I did type motorcycle but only got shite for first two pages and got bored LOL

Thanks for that Dumas I'll have a butchers.

After reading that link I posted and understanding the way the seat works I changed my posture only slightly today and rode for 5 hours without any major problems Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

terry maybe its your arse that needs changing and the bikes fine !!!! xxx boody xx                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

boody you're probably right!! It's just not fat enough, I need to eat more pies WinkLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Apparently some of the long haul guys use the inflatable seats as sold by different manufacturers, I personally found the 'Gell' seats way overhyped, and dammned useless in reality. Got my Fireblade seat re-done with it, and was no different to the original seat, a big £80 disappointment. An old trick that I have used in the past on long hauls was one I read many years ago in an old bike book, and that was to fold a decent quality towel and sit on that. It did work actually, really did get rid of all the vibration! Plus, it was free! The one downside is all the smart ass comments you'll get when you arrive at 'meets'.....
Nicholls's Profile
Nicholls

In: stalybridge

i got caulfield leather to do mine, it was £120 for rider and pillion gel cushions, its not far from where i work so i took it in but he charges £10 extra for P&P which i reckons pretty fair. Gel cushions and some cycling shorts work fine for me and i'm all over the place and everyone who's rode pillion reckons its a big improvement.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Maybe your arse is just too fat, I always find if I am doing more exercise running etc to muscle up that long trips like I do are easier to cope with..... a lot of numbness is down to circulation yes even in the nether regions so try that for a while even some squats 3 or 4 times a day running up and down stairs a few times two or three times a day would help with the glutious maximus and the circulation lolLOL    as my old pti used scream at the troop run fat boys run pays to be a winner lolLOL   As for the pillion, Rusty if you suggest the above to her your a braver man than me pmsl                                                                                                                                                                             
Nicholls's Profile
Nicholls

In: stalybridge

you've got a point about the fitness thing, i used to have a problem where i'd get a sudden attack of cramp when i was going long distance which is unbelievably painful on a sit up and beg where you can't stretch your legs out. I took up running again and a few months later it stopped, my arse still gets sore on long trips but i put that down to having ridden 100+ miles so its time for a break anyway.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Wish i could change my ass !!!!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 637 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption