Server down / Total failure

17 Posts | Latest reply on 15/08/2010 17:12:33 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

The site's main server just died, complete failure/crash etc.   This is the FIRST TIME that this has happened on our new servers.   We are now running on the backup server while I investigate.  Apologies for the short downtime period (5 minutes) while the backup server took over.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Might be quite a serious failure!   On a Sunday too.  Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i thought i had lost the internet  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

No data loss, backup server picked up where the main server left off.   Making complete backups right now just to be sure (although the last one was made only 1 hour ago automatically anyhow)                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

want me to pass you any spanners ????  Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol no thanks.   Just died again by the way.  I think the issue is a problem with the clustering services when changing memory configuration (for those who care lol)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Crap... and again.   Everyone is probably best coming back in 30 minutes!!!   Sorry                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

back online for now, though I might have to take it down around 4pm                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

error �e'/sites/bm/header_inc.asp, line 214
getting this when i reply to a PM met ... will send you page etc etc 

anneka56's Profile
anneka56

take it outside and give it a good shake  !!!!  Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

no need to send me anything, i'm still working on it.   10 mins...                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok back online now, everything is fine (touch wood).   Running a little slow but I think that's cos everyone is logging in again.   Any problems, please email Moderators via the Contact page who can contact me (I have to go out for a bit but wont be far away)                                                                                                                                                                             
ledd777's Profile
ledd777

In: Ashington

And heres me kicking my laptop all over the place,just wrote a full bloody essay for reply to the Squires do over the weekend went ta post in lost the whole witty  remark....am gan ta bedAngry                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

so sorry mate.  Make sure you always copy/paste your posts on any website you use before you submit the form.  Any form in fact, copy the biggest text box that you put most effort into.   Wish I could save it for you but I can't.  In fact the whole site almost got rolled back by 1 hour so there would have been a lot more losses.   Fingers crossed it's ok now though.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Site running ok at mo' Matt                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

k thanks.  U've got my details if you need me.   Going out the door right now.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

U've got my details if you need me.   Do I? Mm...probably...somewhere Embarrassed   *sound of rummaging thro paperwork* I must tidy this desk LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 978 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption