World record speeding fine

8 Posts | Latest reply on 14/08/2010 07:53:47 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10960230   Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

double ouch !!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

good idea income based fines, or does it just mean that poorer people with vehicles can go mental cos the fine wont be much??                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Serves to rich burk right hope they crush his car!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

F**k that's a lot of cash! Just to think I've nearly done that speed too....hope I never get caught and fined that much! ha-ha!                                                                                                                                                                              
Warhed's Profile
Warhed

In: London, Ruislip

"good idea income based fines, or does it just mean that poorer people with vehicles can go mental cos the fine wont be much?"

IMO (and pretty much by definition) genuinely 'poor' people have very little disposable income which means that even small things that cut into that will mean them having to cut back on something.

OTOH, the more money you have, and the more savings/disposable cash etc. the less speeding fines mean in real terms. Certainly in this country you don't have to be particularly rich for speeding fines in themselves to be virtually irrelevant, and the only real deterrent becomes points/totting up/driving ban - which the well off are often able to weasel out of anyway by getting lawyered up.

The car the guy in the article was driving is in excess of 150 grand new with no options and I'd be willing to bet a pile of cash that I don't have that the fine, large as it might seem to us, won't actually impact on the offenders lifestyle in any meaningful way, even though he will no doubt resent it. Which is kind of the point? Well done the Swiss police/justice system I say.

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I agree with war, if he has been given a fine that large it's not gonna hurt him a lot, but boy was I hope it was worth him speeding to wherever he was off to lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think it would be a great idea too. Get those rich country boys a bigger fine if they decide to break the law. Can you imagine being that rich though where that much cash didn't even make a dent in your life??? Ridiculous. ha-ha                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 461 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption