2 Bikes in 1 at the push of a button

11 Posts | Latest reply on 10/10/2010 01:23:12 by Wilson | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

WOULDN'T IT be great if riders, especially short or tall ones, could raise and lower their bike's seat at the touch of a button? And wouldn't it be even better if that simple shift could transform a bike from a cruiser into a cafe racer?

Well, the answer may have arrived from a Norwegian robotics engineer. Peer Toftner, the founder of Veon Motorcycles, has designed an adjustable bike where riders can raise and lower the seat by a whopping seven inches.

And it's not just the seat that's adjustable: the Veon's steering geometry alters, too, giving the machine a whole new look and feel - check the second image and see how much more the front forks are kicked out.

Two sets of foot controls allow for classic cruiser riding or a more sporty feet down stance.

ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

well an image would be nice!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

wont let me paste a pic GH sorry :(

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

http://www.visordown.com/uploads/images/Original/11200.jpg                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Want one looks like a true cafe racer                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

That is awesome!!                                                                                                                                                                              
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

looks a bit uncomfortable in cruiser mode, the bars need to come up and back a bit for my liking. Fab idea though. Induction fan hover bike next please :)                                                                                                                                                                             
SteveB's Profile
SteveB

In: Shipley
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Well spotted BJ. I have really short legs and I'm not fond of cruiser riding position. The major manufacturers seem to swap from normal to cruiser mode at about 800mm seat height. I know peg height needs to be quite high for sports bikes to lean at high speed, but with short legs there is still room. All us height challenged folk need is to be able to get a foot down when stopped. Modern rear subframes should be able to move a couple of inches with out compromising the suspension?
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Transformers eh? 'Robots in disguise'   or was it 'Robots in de skies'   I was never too sure about that!   ratty                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

wot a wierd looking bike, I personally dont like it at all, tho the adjustable concept is a gud idea                                                                                                                                                                             
Wilson's Profile
Wilson

In: Mold

Thats my kinda bike! retail at over 10k id imagine? Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 1298 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption