Camp sites North Wales

21 Posts | Latest reply on 05/09/2010 23:24:58 by earthwind | Go to original / last post
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Hi folks!

I'm looking to go camping in North Wales at the end of the month and wondered if anyone might know of any small camp sites that have just a shower/loo block and no other facilities - the small camp sites like that tend to be quieter is the reason, and fewer kids use them!!

Coast, hills or wherever, quiet is the criteria most important to me !  Please can you help?

Cheers,
Di
Thumbs Up

Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

Hi Di   Was chatting to a friend today who said she found a lovely quiet site around the Beddgellert area (not sure if I've spelt that correctly!).  I have text her for the name etc and will pm you when she gets back to me Thumbs Up   Karen Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

Cheers Karen :)                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Apart from the site we used at barmouth dont know phill did say about shell island being cheap                                                                                                                                                                              
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i camped between chester and wrexham last easter bank hols. was a nice site with just a free shower/toilets/food prep/washing machine block.  ( u would pay for washing machine)only just reopened after being overgrown for years and was always a no children site but isnt now (but nobody will know yet). its only just on north wales border so a good base unless u wanna be right in north wales
was cheap too
  chestersoutherly. co .uk    01244 671308                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

Thanks JP, Duns and Karen - will check info out and post on here where we end up, with a verdict once we've been !!

dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

ok hope u have a good time wherever u go. nice people on the one i posted if u ring em they will be honest about kids etc                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Have a search on here - http://www.ukcampsites.co.uk/. You can be very specific on the search criteria - i've found some brill sites using that web address Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
nawe's Profile
nawe

In: winsford chesh

http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/   have camped at the above.. great showers etc.. only tiny.. so booking needed.. adults only.. so nice lie ins if needed!!                                                                                                                                                                              
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

Looks a good one that Ewan - gonna phone int mornin ta :))                                                                                                                                                                              
Enola's Profile
Enola

In: Birmingham

Hi - I can thoroughly recommend Lyn Gywnant Campsite, Nantgywnant.  Amazingly beautiful site  - stunning place.  Good facilities.  It's a huge site but can still get crowded during peak seasons, bank hols etc.  Fab when quieter though.  Worth checking out for the future anyway. 
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

Thanks for all your suggestions peeps - have booked at the site recommended by nawe - will post the verdict when I get back !!

Cheers,
Di
x

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

Di lady if u go past brum on ur way mind me cake lol                                                                                                                                                                              
giantdog's Profile
giantdog

In: Derby

managed one night under canvas this week, hoteled the rest of the week Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

You wimp GD!!!!  lol

I'm a working lady now BJ so don't have time for cake-making (oops,,,,,better re-phrase that hadn't I ??!!!)

Embarrassed  LOL

giantdog's Profile
giantdog

In: Derby

wimp and proud!!!   I'll roll my eyes at anyone that says different                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

Wacko    lol                                                                                                                                                                              
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

Verdict !!!

http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/

Stayed at this camp site as recommended by nawe for a week.

It was advertised as an adults only and pet-free site but they run a B&B and camping barn from the same site which doesn't go by those rules so we encountered football playing kids and the owner's dog !!

Apparently,,they're unaware of their adults only ad as they've only had the business for 18 months (???)  They are prob gonna change that so check before booking if it's important for you.

Lovely area with great views and quiet when not disturbed by above!!

Good facilities although the showers were average I thought.  Water temp and pressure too variable to class them as good but they did have exceptionally roomy cubicles which was a bonus.

They did have a rather fragrant sewerage system which was semi-solved when the tank was emptied.  The drains do block up easily tho rendering all water-based facilities unusable - not good in the middle of nowhere !!  It wasn't a prob for us but the potential is there so be warned !!

Good spot for mountain bikers as there's an excellent facilty just down the road.  They have a bike lock-up on the site too with a hose for cleaning that Welsh mud off that they seem so keen to hang on to !! lol

Not sure I'd use the site again tho - very cut off from pubs and shops which is good in one way but some facilities a tad closer would've been useful.

Really nice people who run it.  Did the trick for our hol once the bank hol human traffic had all gone home so 6 out of 10.

Ta for the rec tho nawe :)
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

there is a lovely place in hay on wye stayed at a few weeks ago can go swimming in the river as well fantastic place, has wig wams, and caravans as well                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Do you mean the Holly Bush, couple of miles out of Hay and backing on to the river? hollybush.co.uk. 
Lovely place, even though I was witness to a nasty accident there some years ago  when a bloke on a Guzzi turned right into the site and somehow failed to notice the Land Rover bearing down on him. Never did find out the outcome, although I know the Guzzi rider survived.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 644 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption