Event Alerts?

11 Posts | Latest reply on 15/08/2010 11:03:45 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just thinking today - the site can send email alerts based on matchmaker search criteria filtered by distance for new members, could this be modified to include event alerts too?    Generally speaking I have a limit to the distance I feel happy covering in a day and subsequently wouldn't make it to a good number of events that might be say 100 miles away, or possibly less if it was a long ride out inb the opposite direction.    I tend to see more events via the forum than looking in the events section, sometimes having to look up a location to find out where it is and spend only a little time browsing the events calendar.   If we could have the option of getting an alert email when a new event is posted within our 'range' could help awareness and turnouts?  I know it's only a convenience thing what does anyone think?   If the option is already available feel free to call me a fool!!                                                                                                                                                                                 
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford

Ha   Just found how to filter the calendar, which helps loads!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

lol, you got it - the search button  :-)   It's a possible new feature for the site though, I'd have to rename the matchmaker alerts to "Email Alerts" or something, and then have "People" and "Event" alerts.   Will think about it in the near future, thanks for suggesting it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

Sounds liek a good idea Boss Man would save me sending countless pms to remind folk lol

owww my aching fingers lol

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I think that would definitely help too! Good idea and lets see if it gets updated to the website.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I agree Jackie... Also Matt ... just a thought on this one .. seems like lots put their names down for something and then forget... Can ( bats eyelids) you do anything so if somone lists themselves on an event then they get a reminder say a week before it takes place???
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah and then we can give them an early alarm call to make sure they don't forget on the day. Help them get the bike out of the garage, make them a breakfast, load the luggage on the bike and dress them too

Good grief, if they forget then they forget, no need to nanny them                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yea to be honest its gonna take a LOT of code, fundamental changes etc.  Setting up any kind of email notifications is hard enough, without 'going the extra mile' to wipe peoples' arses.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Fair enough, it was only a thought, some have busy lifes off the net !                                                                                                                                                                              
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

some people put themselves down for 2 or 3 events on the same weekend when they cant possibly do them all ?? dunno if its for karma or what cant figure it out                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Because some peoples lives don't revolve around BM. They might be able to get to A if something works out or if it doesn't then they might get to B.

And if they don't turn up so what! Its not the end of the world.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5161 seconds. There are 1582 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption