Crb

14 Posts | Latest reply on 06/08/2010 01:17:59 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

OK I am going on a course in South Africa and need a copy of a Criminal Record Check.   I had this done before through the Military about 4  or 5 years ago volunterally.   I have no idea of the number ie records of this and can't remember getting a copy.   Disclosure Scotland will do one for individuals but it wants passports/ driver license photocopies that is fine but it requires photo copies of utility bills for my address......I do not have any...my house which is now my ex's house, she has all the utility bills in her name, although the mortgage is still in both our names for the time being..... I use this address for all my correspondance.   I live on a military base where I don't pay any utility bills but as far as the military are conscerned I am still a home owner as I am still paying the mortgage and stay there when I do my dad thing and look after the kids on holidays etc...   Anyone any ideas on how to get arond this one???? I have seen it all on line applications etc just wondering if any of you out there have personal experience that will help????   Cheers Johnny                                                                                                                                                                              
madhat's Profile
madhat

In: glasgow

hey see if they will take a bank statement, that should have your military address   just a thought as I work in a sports centre we have people up here with there job for short periods and to set a Direct Debit up we need address id which is usally utility but they will accept bank statement for people in digs                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My address is my kids address as in the military you move every 18 to 14 months and we are usually away all the time so never really get stuff sent to military address, my bank statements go there to my ex's and I pick everything up when i go up once a month to see kids, its other end of country from where I am based..                                                                                                                                                                             
madhat's Profile
madhat

mmmm cant you just ask them what they will except then and explain the situation ?  or cant you get the military to do another 1 ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Its not for the military its for the course they will not allow you on the course without the CRB as the qualifications attained are for Close Protection which comes under the same as SIA (Security Industry Athourity) and no convictions are allowed...                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

I agree with madhat, give them a call or email them and see what they suggest.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Will try again to get through today!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If not, would the military personnel supply you with some form of letter proving your address and explain the fact that you move around a fair bit so nothing sent there?  They can't argue with the military or dispute authenticity surely?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

JTB not sure a copy of an old CRB will be valid as they changed the rules regarding them last year , might be worth checking its acceptable before going through any more hassle to get a copy                                                                                                                                                                               
madhat's Profile
madhat

hey BJ  not sure if that work as I need one for my work and if I went on say a course like johnny or applied for a different post with the same employer you need to do a new one, and to be honest a dont think they actully worth the paper they writen on cos once they have that you could go out and committ a crime and if charged  it wont show untill you did a new one
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I had to have sepaerate ones done for PTA and Governor for the same school !!!                                                                                                                                                                              
madhat's Profile
madhat

ye its all a bit dare a say moneymaking scheme as you have to pay for each 1                                                                                                                                                                              
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

Just had to have one done for myself, even though I had one from earlier this year.  What a money spinner, 36 quid a pop and as MadHat says not worth the paper they are printed on.                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

36 for some twat to type your name into a data base and go nope he'sgot no convictions ...print....post £36 please cha ching!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5391 seconds. There are 509 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption