Anyone for Backgammon?

28 Posts | Latest reply on 08/08/2010 19:53:20 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
GregatHigham's Profile
GregatHigham

In: Higham Ferrers
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well .., sorry bluesbiker, I was not creating a wind-up by starting this forum.  I was looking for a little bit of 'culture' to add to the excitiement of riding out.  Not too many people I know play backgammon!!

A travel set slips easily into the saddlebag and adds that bit of difference once you are resting with a suitable glass of refreshment.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

We took our board to France earlier this year. Great game to wind down after a days riding . . . with a bottle of wine or two obviously!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Playing backgammon is embedded in the culture in eastern European and middle Eastern countries and I've seen folks sitting and having a game in all sorts of strange places (mainly blokes I hasten to add)....over a coffee, under the shade of a tree, sitting in a thermal spa bath in Hungary! Seems to me these folks can show us a thing or two about quietly chilling, after a burst of activity while exercising the old grey matter.... ooh and the boards can be so pretty tooSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
GregatHigham's Profile
GregatHigham

Maxnod, it is quite a simple game for 2 players.  15 discs of 2 colours set out on a board with 2 areas with 12 elongated diamond patterns alternating the 2 colours. The aim is to clear your discs off the board by moving them round after throwing 2 dice. It is the obstacles to doing that where the strategy comes in. You can google it to get the rules.

Minni the Minx has struck another dimension with how pretty the boards can be. Ah well, I just have a bog standard magnetic set although the velour board is rather good.

As for strange places, on top of the Roaches with a glass of wine is rather good.
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I mainly play against the PC now Cry cousin got divorced lol ..

Well I know one of the things I will be packing for the Ure Welcome rally, for the night just before we all head to the beer tent Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As for strange places, on top of the Roaches with a glass of wine is rather good.   ...hmmm - any comments, Geoff?                                                                                                                                                                             
GregatHigham's Profile
GregatHigham

Well, it was because I didn't have the bike with me at the time.  I cheated a parked the car at the Winking Man Pub!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

GregatHigham - passed near you yesterday... had a ride down to Berinsfield cafe (and back) - long day but took the scenic route home and had a lovely ride, despite a few showers.   Like the idea of a backgammon meeting - the games are usually quick for anyone who isn't into it, so it's easy to stop playing. It's also very addictive! lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 1931 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption