Recomend a book

59 Posts | Latest reply on 10/08/2010 22:37:19 by suzed2805 | Go to original / last post
retrofan's Profile
retrofan

In: pontefract
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Barry.. the story of  a motorcycling ledgend by Steve parish & Nick harris.   Race to Dakar... Charlie Boorman   Longway Down..Charlie Boorman & Ewan Mcgregor   Longway round..Charlie Booorman & Ewan Mcgregor   Barry is  amust read for Sheene fans.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

OOR WULLIE -the scottish sunday post LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Try n get a hold of the dirty one  where oor wullie trys to s;;g daphney broon ...                                                                                                                                                                              
Scrapyard monster's Profile
Scrapyard monster

In: Forest of Dean

the scrapyard monster by liz anelli its 4 kids really not  sure who liked readin it most ha ha                                                                                                                                                                             
ScarletKiss's Profile
ScarletKiss

In: Sheffield

Before & After - Matthew Thomas

its rather funny and has exploding sheep :p

ScarletKiss's Profile
ScarletKiss

In: Sheffield

Before & After - Matthew Thomas

its rather funny and has exploding sheep :p

Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

not sure who the author is,,but a great book for small kids ,, IF YOU GIVE A MOUSE A COOKIE. brilliant the grownups will love it too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Fenrir's Profile
Fenrir

In: Southend on Sea

I like the Foundation series by Issac Assimov a series about mans exploration and colonisation of the universe and his quest for knowledge (sci fi) I know sounds boring but they are just soo well written I couldn't put them down and I don't like reading LOL and the 3 Waylander books by David Gemmel again well written with well rounded believable anti-hero lead character (fantasy)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well Pilgrims, as regards travel books, Jupiters Travels, by Ted Simon. THE definitive spiritual travel book, by a guy who set off around the World with a 500 Triumph Tiger, some gear and sod all else, took four years to do it as well. A book you read, then re-read, again and again. Every time you do so, deeper meanings of life emerge, truly, an all time must read for any real bikers. There are loads of books out there now, mostly written by t*ts jumping on the bandwagon, I've read them all, now in the recycling box awaiting the trash truck.... I can't recommend  Long way Down either, I spoke to a guy who's mate was on the BMW support team 'Circus'  - trucks, four by fours, film crews, sound technicians, directors..... etc etc... that followed out of camera shot behind them all the way, and who used to go through the bikes every night to fix the faults, mostly electric apparently,  that plagued them, and to make sure the 'back up' bikes were always ready.... you catch my drift here?......
clarissa's Profile
clarissa

In: Tell you later

(quote dogonmyarm tragic true life get me too.)          BEFORE I SAY GOODBYE        RUTH PICARDIE             ISBN 0-140-27630-0    Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The Reapers - John Connolly! Great read!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.  Won't be able to put it down.                                                                                                                                                                              
ItsMrToYouSonny's Profile
ItsMrToYouSonny

In: Basingstoke

I'm feeling intimated by the highbrow recommendations. As quite a large proportion of the profiles included computers and IT I was going to suggest the Laundry Series by Charles Stross.                                                                                                                                                                              
kendress's Profile
kendress

In: bath

do andriods dream of electric sheep?    phillips k. dick

great sci fi, even after 42 years!

kendress's Profile
kendress

In: bath

mr commitment     mike gayle

the real truthes about living together, both very funny and very painfully accurate.

suzed2805's Profile
suzed2805

In: Gtr Manchester

For One more Day - Mitch Albom  (Deep!!)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

"The Life of Pi" by Yann Martel

A young fellow is marooned on a life-raft with a bengal tiger ....

He won at least one very prestigious award for it.

It's a good read                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield   spiritual adventure based in peru, has been known to change peoples lives, for the better, read the book before watching the movie.   The Crystal Skull by Manda Scott   Scott is a crime writer, this is based on facts from mayan prophecies, bit of mysticism, history, murder ...i couldnt put this down.                                                                                                                                                                                  
suzed2805's Profile
suzed2805

In: Gtr Manchester

The Business - Martina Cole

Not my usual kind of book but i picked it up today at work cos i was bored witless and its actually kind of good for a violence filled gangland thingy lol x

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 599 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption