Recomend a book

59 Posts | Latest reply on 10/08/2010 22:37:19 by suzed2805 | Go to original / last post
Scrapyard monster's Profile
Scrapyard monster

In: Forest of Dean
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just thought this would be a good follow on to Kwaks what are you listening to. Seems quit a few have got reading as a fav on their profile. So I'm going to start with the obvious  one as its my ideaLOL Ted Simon - Jupiters Travels If you hav'nt read it why not Still a good read 30 odd years on. Keep a look out, he somtimes does a talk and slide show .                                                                                                                                                                              
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

any book by Ian Rankin ( my fave at the moment)                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Celestine Prophecy

excellent book

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

The Celestine Prophecy was one of those books I couldn't put down when I read it, and it's spawned 2 sequels and a film. Not sure I'd enjoy it as much now though, I'm not as "spiritual" as I was then.

I'm currently re-reading the Elric series by Michael Moorcock, you can't beat a hero who murders all his friends and eventually destroys the world. ;-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Catch 22 - Joseph Heller                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Haynes manual for a BMW R1100!   OK, so I should get a life. I'm also re-reading The French Lieutenant's Woman, and getting a lot more out of it than I did when I last read it back in the 80s.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Any book by Sven Hassel

War books written by a german soldier

skinnylady's Profile
skinnylady

In: Doncaster

Was into any books by Stephen King, James Herbert   have recently been introduced to Graham Masterton Thumbs Up   Few bags under the eyes in the morning when I haven't been able to put them  down the night before. Just one  more chapter....... lol                                                                                                                                                                             
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

I recommend 'One for the Money' by Janet Evanovich, leads onto a series of books about Stephanie Plum a female bounty hunter in New Jersey, funny, great plots and characters, well worth a look for some light hearted reading.  Apparently they are in the first throes of a film due to come out next year.
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen

haynes manual for honda xl 500 rc is a great read ,need the new addition though getting full of oil........dam                                                                                                                                                                              
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

Out by Natsuo Kirino, quite dark
Most books by Tom Holt, fairly insane
Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en, quite funny and insane
Hitchikers guide to the galaxy, Douglas Adam
Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada, great story about German resistance during WWII
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, feels like a biography but fictional, much better than the film
The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

I could go on, but I'll stop for now Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

The Beano. sorry someone had to bring the level way down Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Good Thead :)   Richard Dawkins - The Greatest Show on Earth   & various travel brochures....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The Art of War by Sun tsu, a 6th century chinese general whose writings are hard going but relevant even today....   "No leader should put troops into the field merely to gratify his own spleen; no leader should fight a battle simply out of pique(irritation or resentment/ hurt pride). But a kingdom that has once been destroyed can never come again into being; nor can the dead ever be brought back to life. Hence the enlightened leader is heedful, and the good leader full of caution"                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

lords and ladies ,,,terry pratchett                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Exodus by Leon Uris fantastic read, and historicaly factual...                                                                                                                                                                             
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote

Valentino Rossi The autobiography
What if i had never tried it

yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

any john le carre
      john stienbeck
      greame green

all classics

WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

horse n hound                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6074 seconds. There are 599 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption