Solution to disabled profiles issue

56 Posts | Latest reply on 11/09/2010 03:46:54 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

dont forget that profiles are partially public, so people can see your basic profile info without even logging in.  So just imagine you didn't even see that they have viewed you and you wont be so annoyed by them  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

What happens if you've disabled logging?                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

it still logs your views but neither you nor the person you're viewing can see your views.  Only I can get the views out of the database (should the need arise - like a security breach).                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Ah right, so it's only those have still have logging enabled.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Oh sorry sorry... erm, no... you can view those who view you whilst they have logging disabled.  There's still a view logged in the system and that's what gets checked (where the 'view' is marked as 'visible' or not)                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

I'm confused. Confused So if you view a profile, regardless of whether you have logging disabled or your profile disabled then the person you have viewed..can then view you?   Doesn't that make disabling logging uselss or am I missing something really obvious?                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

disabling logging stops people from seeing that you've viewed them.   BUT - they will still be able to access your profile even if it's disabled because you HAVE viewed them (and the server KNOWS you've viewed them, but THEY don't).                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Test it on Geoff.  Between you disable your profiles and experiment.  Or a friend you've not viewed already                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Ok, I understand what you're saying about how they can because you have but they won't know so they're none the wiser.   However..tested it out. Tried it with Geoff and a friend. One has logging disabled, the other doesn't. Both viewed me (can only see the one that has viewing logged) and then disabled their profiles and I couldn't see either of their profiles.   It wasn't me, I didn't break it!                                                                                                                                                                                 
Matt's Profile
Matt

you broke it! lol.   I'm busy working on the server crashes at the moment... remind me on monday and i'll do some tests with your account to figure it out.                                                                                                                                                                             
PHOTOGRAPHER1's Profile
PHOTOGRAPHER1

In: lancs

if they can look at us its only fair we can look back at them - thumbs up here - wtg                                                                                                                                                                              
violetinferno's Profile
violetinferno

In: Hull

yep...agree with photo...there's someone viewing me who has disabled their profile...i'm so nosey it does bug me that i can't see who he is!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Does it bother people if they don't know someone has looked, if they're not logged in at all or have the logging disabled? Is ignorance bliss?   I didn't break it - honest!!                                                                                                                                                                               
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Personally I couldn't give a toss who looks at my profile. I've put it on the most public place in the world so why would I be concerned about whose looking?? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

violet, please send me the username who you can't view.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I use my cloaking facility (posh way of saying I've disabled it) not so folk don't know it's me looking but cos I have a crud memory and often view profiles several times, folk will think I'm stalking them but I aint, I'm also very nosey and love looking at folks' photos.                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 569 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption