Solution to disabled profiles issue

56 Posts | Latest reply on 11/09/2010 03:46:54 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

As we all know, people aren't happy to have their profile viewed by others who have their own disabled.   Therefore, I have a proposed solution... what do you all think about being able to view any profile that has viewed your own within the past 14 days???   So even if someone's profile is disabled, by accessing yours they will give you access to their own.   Thoughts?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thumbs Up  Thumbs up from me boss ... 

I agree that if you look at someone's profile & you don't want them to see you then disable that feature so that no one knows you have looked at them, however looking then disabling their profile ... I agree it is a bit freaky                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Yes from me Matt, T Y                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Thank you Mat, it's a big YES by me, i was just about to start another topic about this, so pleaseeeeeeeeeeee do it      Thumbs Up
GT63's Profile
GT63

In: Catterick

I don't care   But if others want it I don't mind                                                                                                                                                                              
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

Jeez I think some people are just plain paranoid.  Can't see what all the fuss is over to be honest.  If you think it will make anything better then go ahead Matt, but personally I think its a waste of your time and effort.  Get a grip people.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I aint upset or paranoid or lost me grip lol I want to see who has been looking at my profile, if they don't want me to know they've been looking they should enable their 'cloaking' option.            Simples  LOL                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I agree kwak , tho it does not bother me, I think its a case of what you dont know ...   If someone has profile logging disabled & you dont know they are looking at you its different than knowing someone is constantly looking at you & then hiding themselves ... there is one peoson who used to do it to me, doesnt bother me , but I can understand how it would worry some women                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

As a fella it dont realy bother me that much, but for female members who could have a (troubled past shall we say) it could be very worrying if it's happening to them so I think its a good idea                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I don't mind either way, I view loads of profiles for various reasons, mostly because I click on the wrong thing by accident in a forum lol.  I think it's a good idea though for newbies who just come in to snoop and then disappear.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I will now show up on folks profiles as a stalker, cos 1) I've got a memory like a sieve when it comes to member names 2) I'm a nosey git and love looking at other folks' photos 3) I've got a memory like a sieve LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Tezzzer's Profile
Tezzzer

In: South UK

The thing I find strange is that you can access most of the profile not being logged in, which doesn't leave your calling card...  now people looking at you and you not knowing is possibly more disconcerting that knowing you have been checked out... after all it is a meat market out there..Evil Smile & Censored                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Eh? How can us 'NOT knowing' bother us?

What we don't know don't hurt us, init? Big smile

Mm not sure I like being called 'meat'                                                                                                                                                                              
Tezzzer's Profile
Tezzzer

In: South UK

I think it's more the fact you can do it... than not knowing                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

If you look at a profile when not logged in tho .. you only get limited info ...                                                                                                                                                                              
DG99's Profile
DG99

The only things you don't get are access to the photos and what events that person might be going on, at least thats my understanding of it.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

therefore restricting what someone can see about you... come on guys , as JP said some women have a history that would make them nervous to have someone looking at them & make them feel like they were being spied on.

I myself went through a very nasty messy divorce 20 years ago & fled my ex husband, for 3 years no one not even my mother knew where I was (ok yes I know if it was now I would have flattened him) but it would have scared me silly to think that someone was watching what I was doing & I could not see who it was.                                                                                                                                                                             
insanedj's Profile
insanedj

In: Slough

Sounds good to me Matt, even though I'm not that fussed about who looks I do find it a bit disconcerting when someone looks at your profile 8 times in a couple of hours and then you click on them to find they have a disabled profile.

Much better than restricting everything they can do because there profile is disabled but then gives them the knowledge that the person they view can see them as well, if you just want a bit of a break and still want to chat to friends it works well but stops the hide n view people.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well if you have had a stalker you will understand why you don't like anyone snooping but hiding guys, its a public forum yes...so why hide in a public forum......if anything its just bad manners isn't it...Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
DG99's Profile
DG99

Thats what I thought more than anything johnnytb.  I'm sorry I didn't think of it in the extreme like your circumstances sv.  Apologies                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 582 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption