Chatroom performance

39 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2010 23:17:27 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I've made some big changes to the chatroom tonight which might make it perform much better.   On the other hand it could kill the chatroom and forums.   Please report here what you find.  If the chatroom locks up, freezes, etc.  Or if the forum pages take a long time to load (in this case please post also what the Page Generated In time is, found at the bottom of the page).   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I am having problems loading the online members page it just stays loading for ages and then boots me out lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

It was ok for me Jackie     Page generated in 2.5625 seconds. There are 641 users online now.                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

So how was it for you?

Page generated in 0.0781 seconds. There are 1479 users online now. 

Blimey, an extra 838 users online since Kwak posted 16 minutes ago!                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Couple of comments about the sun coming out (where, where, when!!!) led to irresistable urge to burst into the chatroom just now, but I can't get in Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

All the BM pages were painfully slow last nite so I logged out.  I had probs loading the online users last nite too, but it's ok now.  Am able to get in chatroom no probs tho.                                                                                                                                                                              
giantdog's Profile
giantdog

In: Derby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have to keep resetting my password to log on?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

All seems well now Boss Man                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Wills... that's because the server 'resets' every 3 hours, and it must have just happened shortly before Kwak viewed the page.  Then as more people start to navigate around the site they get their sessions created again.   GiantDog... that doesn't make sense I'm afraid.  I personally programmed the site and I know that such a case cannot exist.  Sorry to say it but you need to remember the password and type it accurately.   PLEASE KEEP THIS TOPIC ON TRACK NOW - I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE CHATROOM PERFORMANCE.                                                                                                                                                                             
welshy's Profile
welshy

In: Bridgend

had to reset to log on but that could be as you had done changes - ok since all looking good                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

not many people using the chatroom tonight though.  I need to know what it's like when 10 people are in there for example.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Bedlam! lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

matt there were about ten tonight and it was fine.. i did post what you said about not closing the session and just being patient..  it seemed a lot better..   although BOBKAT .. constantly goes in and out she has no control at all...   Debs                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Opening and closing the chatroom is fine.   But if u keep closing the whole site and reopening everything that wont help the site at all (just yourself, temporarily).   Hope that helps                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

never used it - do people sign in most nights?                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Yes pumpkin, quite a few get in in the evenings, it's fruit loop central lol                                                                                                                                                                              
giantdog's Profile
giantdog

you just have to watch for the nut jobs, very dodgy person prattling on in there now.   He worries me he really does Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

still can't get in...just tried now and door well and truly bolted                                                                                                                                                                             
giantdog's Profile
giantdog

well it's been a blast and thankfully that frightful GD as signed out LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Liike I said 'fruit loop central' Wacko   Minnie, it sticks, it's all that dribbling the guys do, give it a push next time, careful tho, many have got a bit heavy handed and ended up going round in circles for days. Wink   Seriously tho, Matt, it does seem to have a lag that I never experienced before.   Great that we now can use apostrophes and the pound sign Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5900 seconds. There are 643 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption