Chatroom performance

39 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2010 23:17:27 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

really Kwak?  Is it laggy, slow etc?  I need this confirmed by a few folks before i go back to how it was.   You decide if you want it how it WAS or how it IS now.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Well I aint been in chat room for a long time, til today, so I've no idea what it was like recently, but when I used it before I seem to remember there wasn't a delay, least not as long a delay, as there was today. Best leave it up to the regulars to decide, I don't go in much, I blush easily lol                                                                                                                                                                                  
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

No you dont !!! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                                
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

there is a couple of seconds delay now when u send. its not a problem if it sorts out the real laaaag that we have had over the last couple of weeks. still get the lag but nowhere near as often and doesnt last as long as it did so i say keep the delay for now dont go back yet. not that i go in chat often ;)
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Nope. Chatroom won't let me in. When I click on it I get a hand with an icon like a liitle yellow explosion with an exclamation mark in it. and if I wait a bit before i click again it doesn't make any difference. Any suggestions peeps? Can I change something on my settings? Or should i alter the settings on my netnanny ....ooerr x                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

A hand? mm perhaps you have your security set too high or set to block BM somehow? Matt is the one to ask. Have you contacted him via the homepage?                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Minx, you have a POPUP BLOCKER!  Probably in your internet browser itself or google toolbar for example.   Try holding CTRL when you click                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Ok I've completely redesigned the structure of the chatroom so that it stops reading/writing to/from the database every few milliseconds.   This should stop the chatroom and forums locking up (because the forums have the chatroom preview at the top so were also affected by the inefficient design).   Please keep me informed of how the chatroom works now                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

im really excited to hear if my solution has fixed this - so please keep me well updated tonight when you're all in the chatroom  - especially with 10+ people in there                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

looks great so far, nobody having problems - touch wood.   Need to get lots of people in to test capacity vs performance                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Just out of curiosity ........... why bother having the preview of what's being typed in the chat room on the forum page anyway??

If it effects performance, perhaps a line saying how many are in there instead?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

because if it says NOBODY is in then nobody will go in!   The preview is there to bring attention to it.   The performance should no longer be affected - it now queries once every 20 seconds and caches the response for everyone.  Whereas before it reloaded the preview for everytime someone changed pages in the forum, causing serious problems in the evening when the site was busy.                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

Its working great now Matt ... was in chat ... and jumping from forums, posting and replying to PMs, and working well ... good job Sir :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

I've just turned up the google indexing 400% too, see if that drags the site down now (so it will now request one page every second rather than every 4 seconds).                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

just fixed a huge security bug in the system, working fine now again.   Still need feedback tonight if possible - let me know how it works for you                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Matt.....chat has disappeared off the screen. The facility to enter chat is still there though.                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Now I am in there, it's back on the screen Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

that was weird, but i changed some code and it appears to be fixed now.   Was still weird though                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 291 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption