Trike failed it's SVA Tues 13th

16 Posts | Latest reply on 23/07/2010 14:59:06 by Hull750Rider | Go to original / last post
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

But not on a lot (tires were not load/speed rated so that's the biggie really!) Front edge of rear mud guards not rounded enough, hand brake cable came out of it's mount (put it in mount while I had the wheel off the ground so when I put it back on it's wheel it pulled out!) Slave cylinder at an angle that meant the fluid could in theory be starved from one of the wheels in a down hill situation, and that's it lol.   Things that passed that we almost accepted may not included the exhaust (straight through cherry bombs no baffles) dB on the button no margin for error there Thumbs Up lol, front end flexes a little due to length of forks and angle of rake, back brakes had brand new shoes in and I'd told the guy that I'd only managed a few miles from Hull to Beverly to try bed them in so he wailed on the peddle to make sure it passed Big smile he also adjusted the air screw to get it to pass the emissions (it is an old 1973 beetle engine lol) Thumbs Up   I'd told him that the hand brake was very good and capable of locking the very large tires/wheels, Approve the trike did not disappoint in that area 1st the right hand wheel (the tire having about 2" clearance in the rolling road) I put the trike into full right hand lock (did not want to draw unnecessary attention to the flexing forks as she tends to flop either way when at stand still) yep she gets spat out the rolling road on 1st attempt, same again left hand wheel this time really spits out with a bit more force and poor bloke nearly ends up impaled on the near end of the 25" ape hangers lol, well I did say it would probably lock Embarrassed   All the failed items are now redressed, Glued piping on front edge of mud guards, hand brake cable 2 extra nuts welded outside the original one to take up the slack, wheels and tires found with required markings on, and master cylinder re mounted using a wedge of 10mm x 60mm flat bar and a lot of solid welding (now you could use it as a spirit level lol) and it's booked back in for it's re test Tuesday next week! 2:30pm.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Keeping fingers crossed for you Andy I know how hard you have worked on it :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Yeyyyyyy.. my fingers crossed for you too Andy!  Good Luck!   It looks brill!  Love the pocket watch and horshoe details! ;o)                                                                                                                                                                               
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

Most peeps like what I've done even the examiner was reasonably impressed (if they take exception to the construction they can send it to have the weld xrayed lol) thanks Shell and Karey Big smile. If I can get it regstered and taxed in time I'm taking it to Leathered in Lincs next weekend, if not I hope my mate won't need it for Yorkshire Pudding Rally and I'll take it there instead. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

In: liverpool

Hull750Rider great achievment to build a special,and then use it,well done.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well done and best of luck for the next test. always good to have another trike on here!                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

Cheers it's tech not mine but my mates, he has put me as named rider on his insurance and says I've as much right to use it as him as without me it's just be an interesting "static" object lol.   And WAF I actuly finished it and cannot take all the credit. (oh go on then maybe a little lol)                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

will keep my eyes open for it at the YP rally Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

I'm Marshalling there Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

see ya there then Boss  lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

It Passed Tuesday 20th Thumbs Up now got to put in for registration and tax (they then send out a vehicle inspector) copper!! To ascertain whether or not it's got and stolen parts on it and to award it points (more points more choice of number plate) well we already know the answer to the 2nd part It'll be a 'Q' plate!!!!!
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Yay well done Andy, doesn't matter what the plate is Q oe otherwise it's getting one and that's the main thing.

Congrats hon I know you have worked hard for it :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes well done. Q plate is not that bad, you get away with a lot more when it comes to the MOT i think.                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

It Passed Tuesday 20th Thumbs Up   Nice one, happy travels HR Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

Still got to put in all paperwork today and I've contracted some bug or other running a temp and rough throat Unhappy   Thanks all for positivity, but mate is not fussed about the Q plate either would just have been nice to have more of a choice as once it's Q plated you cannot change that (like a private reg or cherished number).                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

RED Fookin Tape grrrrrrrr   Cannot register it in his name without Photo I.d to back up the other I.d i can lay my hands on!   He's back from Aus in a few days I'd hoped to get it on the road so he could have gone for a blast on it when he was back!!!!!!!!!   So when we go over to register it and he's looking all tanned his piccy will not look like him anyway lol, then we have to await the cops to come check it over before it can have it's Reg number allocated or road taxed............                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 1077 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption