Scuba diving DVDs wanted

14 Posts | Latest reply on 11/07/2010 16:48:31 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I've been talking to scubasteve about getting some DVDs and wanted to ask if anyone else has some available.   I'm looking for all the PADI training DVDs, right up to dive-master if possible.   I only want to borrow them for a few weeks and I will of course pay the postage and upgrade anyone's account who can help.                                                                                                                                                                             
awokenangel's Profile
awokenangel

In: Wirral
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hiya Matt,   I know you asked for DVDs but I've got the BSAC Diving Manual and a Student Workbook (up to Ocean Diver & Sports Diver) that you're welcome to have as I've given up SCUBA diving......  PM me your address and I'll post them off to you.   Angie                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

that's ok thanks Angie, I've got the PADI open water DVDs and books already, I'm looking for further education.   Why did you give up such a great sport???                                                                                                                                                                             
awokenangel's Profile
awokenangel

Ok, no prob. I gave it up after having a near-death experience on my first open water dive!! So I just stick to snorkelling now Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

wow really?  what happened?   I'm sure with the proper education that it wouldn't happen again.  Please don't just give up diving, it's an amazing hobby and a great way to experience the other 2 thirds of the world we live in.                                                                                                                                                                             
awokenangel's Profile
awokenangel

I suppose looking back it wasn't that dramatic and I can laugh at it now because describing it makes me laugh, but it put me off enough to realise I'm not brave enough to do the open water diving thing.....   I was in Santorini. I'd done a fair bit of pool training and arranged to do a one-to-one dive training dive with an instructor. We were in about 8 metres not too far from the shore and all was going well - I was really enjoying it being up close and personal with the fishies Star and then we knelt on the sea bed to do some exercises. That was going well too, until a ferry went past not far away just as I was about to put my mouthpiece back in. The swell caused me to lose my balance and I dropped the octopus and took in a lung full of water instead. I panicked like mad and hoofed it to the surface losing a fin in the process so was going round in bloody circles!!   My instructor retrieved my fin, took me back to the shore and after I'd coughed and spluttered for about ten minutes and got my breath back, we went back in - briefly!!! I did a couple of pool dives when I got home, but then hung up my stab jacket....  That was four years ago. I still snorkel, but that's all.   So, do you know anyone who wants to buy an almost new BCD - used only three times in the pool? Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
wozabee's Profile
wozabee

In: lancaster

matt have you tried local library just had a look online see if there was anything available for download but not alot there                                                                                                                                                                               
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Are the scuba lessons incase you have to ditch the aircraft??                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

no im sticking with planes too lol, but swimming/diving is good for me at the moment with my hernia.  I've not been able to fly for 4 months or more now.   Woz, the library is a good idea. Though i think they'll all be in Dutch here in Holland if I do try that.   Angel, that sucks that you had a fright on your first OW dive and I'm not surprised it put you off.  PLEASE don't give up, continue your training and then laugh about it later, it's a great hobby.                                                                                                                                                                             
awokenangel's Profile
awokenangel

Nice thought Matt, but that ship has well and truly sailed! It was something I always wanted to do, and got the opportunity cos a guy I used to work with was the local BSAC dive master. But like I said, I'm just not brave enough!! I'll stick to snorkelling - I can still play with the fishies and I don't get scared!!!
Matt's Profile
Matt

I went diving today, what a horrible experience.  The visibility in the lake was no more than 1 metre.  If I stopped looking at my buddy I would instantly loose sight of him.  Couldn't see the floor or anything around.  Gave me a horrible sense of vertigo
GT63's Profile
GT63

In: Catterick

I could get the kids to video me with armbands and goggles on in their paddling pool, but I suspect that isn't quite what you're after Clown                                                                                                                                                                             
awokenangel's Profile
awokenangel

Matt - my point exactly Unhappy!! If I was ever to dive again, it certainly wouldn't be in quarries or dark dank lakes - only in crystal clear warm seas!!  Wish I had the lung capacity to free dive - now that would be a thrill!!     GT - that'd give us all a smile though Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

freediving can be learnt.  You gotta get your cardio fitness up to speed and practice holding your breath basically.  10 times per day just hold your breath whilst resting and time yourself.  You'll get better each day.  Eventually start walking and holding your breath. Then do it while walking up the stairs.  :-)

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5332 seconds. There are 1430 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption