Sothern Ireland

33 Posts | Latest reply on 14/08/2010 00:39:41 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Info please anyone,,,, Has anyone got any info as to what the ferry port in Dublin is like regarding easy access to roads once you leave terminal????and also arriving back at ferry terminal...no plan,,just to head towards coast (west) May use Dun Laoghaire going,,(sea cat) but sold out for return journey so may use Dublin,,,which is £10 cheaper anyway... The two are less than 10k apart (i think)   cheers,,,,craig                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

We went in and out of Dublin last year and found it very easy to get onto the ring road. There is a toll tunnel signposted for ring road when you leave the terminal, which seemed a bit expensive as i remember . . . . on the way back, we arrived well early, so missed the toll tunnel and went into the city for a look around, then made our way back to the port. Not very well signed, but 'follow the river' navigation worked quite well!! I would definately use the ferry, toll tunnel to ring road, then head off west. The road to Galway is a mighty fine run!   Have fun   Oh Yeah, talking to a bloke while waiting at Dublin, he mentioned a 10% discount if you book ferry through MCN. I havent checked this but it might be worth a look.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers,,Thumbs Up,,might just book Dublin both ways then and save £20 in comparrison to Dun Laoghaire,,,,its only about 1 hr longer on ferry.. craig....                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Go on Google earth and have a look at street view                                                                                                                                                                             
willow's Profile
willow

In: Tyldesley
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

we all got very lost trying to find dublin port !!!! very very lost!!! lol x                                                                                                                                                                             
willow's Profile
willow

ps.......hope that helps !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers sheena,,,,,thats helped very much not to make my mind upLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

remember, if lost in dublin and need to get to the port . . . . . find the big river and follow it!!                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Sheena,,,you'd get lost in your own bathroom !!!!  lol  xx                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

get a sat nav!   went last yr, it was fab but wet!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

got my old sat nav julie,,,,its called a map!!!! (might get one though and join the modern world)   i was there 3 yrs ago just for 3 days,,,rained non stop!!!!! people were great though                                                                                                                                                                             
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

Southern Ireland is gorgeous, went there a couple of years ago, absolutely loved it!  I want to go back!  Highly recommend Killarney and the ring of Kerry                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

we were down the road from killarny in tralee and yes deff do the ring of kerry                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ring of kerry is one of the things on the "to do list" might camp more than one night in this area and do a bit of walking as well.......weather permitting of courseCool                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Been to Ireland many times.

Dublin is now just a big city, its lost its individuality, Cork is going that way, for smiley, relaxed friendly place, get to Galway

The ring of Kerry is a bit green for my liking, much nicer IMHO is the peninsular south of that, Bheara. Bantry bay mussels, yum yum

Dingle, not quite the hippy hangout it used to be, but great ride there, cut across from Castlemaine on the south side. Then from Dingle across the mountain to the north coast, stunning views.

If you do get the chance, try Donegal, it always seems to get missed, but its much more real Ireland, not as touristy.

I could go on and on

Pub food I've always found to be excellent, fresh fresh veg and well cooked.

What bike are you going on? If I go back I would much prefer to be on a big traile, last time I was on the ZZR1200 and it killed my wrists, bad surfaces, narrow roads, you need some softness.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bike will be Rocket 111,,,,,not ideal but looking at bmw r1200gs,,,just wont have it in time and not going to miss chance of trip....   Will check these out as looking for non touristy places,,,,will be camping most of week but may try 1-2 nights b&b as well...     got 7 lazy days fore sight seeing....   cheers craig                                                                                                                                                                             
willow's Profile
willow

i've stayed intralee and done rinig of kerry..highly recomended...............was very very wet though !! still beautiful.............                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

someones got to break this wet ireland ???? Its has to be sunny for someone,,,,,me hopefullyCool                                                                                                                                                                             
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

It wasn't too bad when I was there, we only had a day or so of bad weather out of a week                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Never had a bad spell of weather in all the years going over there, yes its rained a few times, but 80% of the time its been dry !!!!

Last time is was over I B&B 'ed, time before took a tent and only stopped in a B&B twice, once cos I got wet (one of the few times it has rained) and wanted to dry out and the other time because I was in Cork (not that many campsites)

Does that help???                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6973 seconds. There are 1148 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption