Sothern Ireland

33 Posts | Latest reply on 14/08/2010 00:39:41 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

We stayed in camping barns in the north, they do have them in the south too. Biker friendly places, with cooker, fridge etc. and most importantly if the weather is bad, washing machine and tumble dryer or drying rooms. Just what you need after a soaking to get ready for the next day! and all for £20 - 30 a night for 2 people. 
willow's Profile
willow

In: Tyldesley
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

rained every day for a week when i was there !!! see craig ...i'm as helpful as ever.............lol                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex

I quite fancy Ireland, my family originates in Cork and I've never been!Cry
Anyway, I've been following the weather forecasts and I'm convinced there's only one day a year it doesn't rain.
So I deduce from that, that Shadow' is fibbing!Wink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just changed my profile picture to one taken in Ireland last September . . . . Note the blue sky!! - mind you, the locals said we picked the first weeekend it hadnt rain since May!                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters

Ha ha ha! And it's obvious that Slidy's been airbrushing!Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

A couple of pics on my profile from the last time in Ireland ........... no rain!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters

I'll be holding you two responsible if I get pissed on!!!!Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If any one wants to add places of interest, campsites etc, to this thread,,,,all will be welcome and i'll make a list of all things mentioned for when i plan my route for end of month...... cheers....craig                                                                                                                                                                             
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

Not sure what your into, but when I go I do lots of castles, ruined or good, lots of historic places including abbeys, mansions etc.  You will have to watch the condition of the roads though mate, the main ones aren't bad but venture off onto country lanes and you will have to keep a weather eye open not only on the roads but also on the drivers!!!  Some counties have more money than others and keep their roads well, others who don't have the money spend it on other things that they consider more worthy.  Beware the towns estates, they have a worse reputation than anything we have in the UK, for instance Limerick City is known to the locals as 'Stab City'.  Town centres are good but don't be stopping on the estates to ask for directions.  You can't tell which youths are 'good boys' or 'bad boys' as they all dress like chavs, trackies and the like. 

Can't tell you much about campsites as I stay with friends or B and B it.  I will say that food (eating out) is more expensive than the UK, drinking is the same.  Fuel the last time I was over (May) was more pricey too.

Getting onto the toll route out of the docks at Dublin couldn't be more simple, cost me 3 Euros but I was in a car the last time, just make sure you have Euros in change and you won't go far wrong.  Just follow the traffic and the signs for the toll route, M1.  Going round the M50 ring road will cost you a toll between certain junctions, but there are no toll booths, as your on a UK bike I wouldn't worry about that as the last times I have been on a bike I have never paid and never been chased for the cash either. 

You'll have a great time I'm sure, one thing make sure you have enough fuel to get out of the city and out onto the route your going to take, there are no services on the M50, or at least there most certainly wasn't in May.

Have fun Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nice info DG99,,   Will be taking a lot of this on board....cheers...craig                                                                                                                                                                             
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them Craig.                                                                                                                                                                              
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

If you havnt gone yet,when I went it was hang a left out of the port  and follow the road along the coast,look for signs for the N1.Dont bother with the city although small, traffic can be a n-mare.Its a good road that will take you down the east coast fast.There was road works on the red cow roundabout on the by-pass last time I was there which isnt helping the congestion at times.    
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

This  member's profile has been deleted so he won't be able to respond to any posts.   When del is in a user name it means 'deleted'                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4883 seconds. There are 376 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption