Advert in Bike mag - need your help!

110 Posts | Latest reply on 06/07/2010 10:28:58 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I've got to design an advert for Bike magazine within a couple of days.   Can anyone think of (or help with) making a fun, cool advert that will catch the eye?  Full page advert!   I want to stress that the site is a social club, not just for dating.  Also want to point out the size (30,000 members) and that it's UK-only (not one of these shitty US sites with 5 UK members)   If you can think of some funny tag-lines, or visual ideas, that'd really help                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Shame you cant get a pic of Sumo next to BigNed with caption reading site for all sizes lol

Maybe a competition would draw attention to it, maybe a prize of 6 months subs

missvondarkness's Profile
missvondarkness

In: weston-super-mar
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

mention chat room not enough go in considering how many members there are                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester

lol .... have just shown this to Aaron and his uni freinds ... I think they are 'Brain storming' ... although, bit early for them to be asking me for 'refreshments' ... LOL                                                                                                                                                                                 
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Matt is it worth digging up the ones we came up with last time?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ive just been through 7000 event photos and im exhausted now lol.  Some photos totally not suitable for Bike magazine lol.   Also taken some from the competition.   Here's the ones I've got (Alex, please give to Aaron)...  www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/images/best.zip                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

Aaron said can you send them to him  ...he mummbled something about them being zipped or whatever (totally over my head) and will get straight back to you :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Only some Boss Man lol                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

sssshhhhhh BJ ... Sir hasnt seen THOSE pics yet ;) lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

O rite sorry didnt realise he was unaware still of them camera set up in his bedroom                                                                                                                                                                               
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

You do realise, we WILL be punished for this ;) lol     Back to Thread .... ideas rattling around Matt, will mail you when Iv put them in some visual order :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Don't forget that you can't use the photos in an advert without consent from the people in them. People posing for a friend to take a snap isn't "informed consent" for commercial use.You also need permission from the person who took the photo as they hold the copyright on it.

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Think as the pics have already been on the site that permission wont be needed as the pics are already in the public domain on the web                                                                                                                                                                              
clarissa's Profile
clarissa

In: Tell you later

Matt been lookin thro bike mags for inspiration,  conclude ; 'less is best' ie  'your' logo as at top site page (union jack background with BIKER MATCH across)top of ad pg   with say; 1 lone biker stopping next to a group of varius bikes/riders some male/female/pillions   in comic siloette format,   with speak bubbles   "lookin to meet friends, maybe more, rideouts /events, chat online forums /chatroom "   "yeah mate, look no further than www.bikermatch.co.uk  "                                                                                                                                                                               
Matt's Profile
Matt

GB, I think it's fine as the photos have been put on BM.  Otherwise I've nothing to use, it will be a white page with the website address!   Clarissa,  thanks for the info.  Their sending me a mag too so I can see what other ads are like.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just thinking as i do in my business you have to advertise on a regular basis rather than one big hit..Its just my opinion mind you.... There are plenty of people who do have bikes sat around and never get to use them as they have no riding budies to go for run out so am sure you will get a good responce..                                                                                                                                                                             
Edinburgh Saffie's Profile
Edinburgh Saffie

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Dunno I came to this site after seeing the very simple advert on facebook. Although I do not think the dating aspect should be a sell point..think more just biker information and social hub.                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

Anyway of putting our new merchandise logo on it, as its more up to date ... although do like the old ones ... just a thought as its being recognised at rallies and meets.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

A photograph where somebody is the focus of the shot requires "informed consent" before it can be used commercially. That means they have to know what it's going to be used for in advance of you taking the photo, or you need to get signed permission to say that you can use it. Posting them into a gallery on BM probably doesn't count as commercial use, putting them into an advert definitely does.Putting a photo on the web doesn't automatically put it into the public domain, this has been tested in court. The copyright stays with the person who took the photo.

rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

If thats the case Gary, then as a persistant photo taker ... I could give permission for Matt to use any of the pics Iv submitted on bikermatch and he can use them ... but, if he doesnt get permission, he cant?   Sorry ... but as you know, Im a simple person who needs simle talk ...lol                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 938 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption