Running rough

15 Posts | Latest reply on 24/07/2010 01:48:13 by firebladejohn | Go to original / last post
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

dose anybody have any ideas about carbs ? my daytona 900 triple runs smooth until warm to hot  when it starts to stumble alittle ive noticed when ive had the revs up that i come to a corner and it seams to spluter when i open the throttle up to a 1/4 open   ive got some ideas as to what it may be  but thought id run it by see what you thought   dirt in carb lifting up after high revs   ?    not convinced with this one   bucket and shims getting hot and gap changeing  ?   spark plugs may need gapping  ?   i dont fancy just stripping it down for sake of it as its not winter yet  so hat do you think may be happening guys ?  any help greatly recieved  thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Dammit!!   Thought 'nunning' was like 'dogging' but kinkier..... we all love a bad habit.... Wink     ok... shutting up now... back to carbs!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

My 900 Trident does the opposite!   Lumpy bumpy in low revs but fine when you open her up.   Candles at dawn girls Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

woops i sliped can some sort that spelling  mistake out for me ment to put running  not nunning lol         but yeh dose sound a bad habit  lol                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

that dose sound like dirty jets rattay   crossover jets sound blocked  dose it work ok with choke on ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Spent ages looking at carbs, hoses, fuel tap etc when i had a similar problem with my 900 trophy. Then looked at plugs, leads, coils, etc. measured all resistance with ohmeter, then took it somewhere with rolling road before i pulled out all my hair. It was a coil breaking down under load, as soon as it got past 3500 revs, coughed and spluttered like it had an 80 a day habit!!   Didnt notice any difference warm or cold, so yours doesnt sound the same, but worth a look.                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

it worth a look at that but it runs fine at revs is only when i go to open throtle again that it dose it  but thanks ill check the coil out when i take plugs out Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

hey slidy looks like you may be right i have just found a write up about the daytona  saying that the ignition pick up coils breakdown under heat and cause low rpm misfiring   ( pratcal sportsbike mag ) so i will defo look into them first Thumbs Up   must say it dont feel like a 100 bhp bike at moment                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

renamed for you :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

Thanks Matt Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Will check the jets WN but the choke is very temperamental on mine.   You need to put it on full in nearly all weather's but turn it off after about 10 seconds. If you forget and ride off with it on it will cut out within a few hundred metres.   Spark plugs are the correct colour and carbs are balanced, so jets maybe the next thing to check.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

hope you sort it WN, I spent ages checking fuel issues, then electrics. Finally took it to Lee Motorcycles in Ledbury, told him what i had already checked and my thoughts about coils. I left it with them, took a walk around town, got back 1 hour later to find the bike ready for collection with a bill of just over £100 for a new coil and set of plugs(for good measure!) . . . .     had four weeks off the road, and they said i wouldnt've found it without the rolling road, as coils were showing good on meter when it was standing.   Good luck                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

cheers slidy  have got a dyno test place in hull im going to try  thought id take it in before i do any thing to it then after because im looking to put K&N's and free'er breathing pipes on it want to see if any diffrence for the better i hope lol   ratty they do take some warming up  these triples  i allways let mine run while i get ready then it dosent take so long to warm up apperently if your having trouble starting them then it could be down to the bucket and shims need doing                                                                                                                                                                              
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

Check air screws are all adjusted the same and pilot jets are clear. Have you had the carbs balanced recently?                                                                                                                                                                              
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen

have you checked the fuel filters on petrol tank and carbs , sounds like  possible fuel ristriction problem.   maybe fuel tap itself.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8750 seconds. There are 1178 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption