Bke servicing

33 Posts | Latest reply on 30/06/2010 18:56:16 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

100 year lol                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

I've just done a major service on mine for less than £80 for irridium plugs, fully synth castrol and all filters etc from fleabay Thumbs Up

Just download a workshop manual (free) and away you go Wink

I reckon i've saved at least 200 squid in labour and learned loads about my bike in the bargain Big smile

Anybody want to buy a ZZR12 that's running like a bag of hammers LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Without A full service history?.... no way, pedro......Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

is that the zzr you been saving money on servicing it yourself lol                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

It is johnny LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
gordon62's Profile
gordon62

In: selby

i've just had my cbr1ooo serviced by a new place near selby, its a family business thats just set up, anyway cut a long story short, i got the filters plugs and oil from a place in the wirrel via the internet, i just happen to pass these guys and popped in, i was bit cheeky and asked how much they would do a service for if i provided the gear, answer £45. i took it following day it was done in a couple of hours, not only that but they did all the other fluids and gave the bike a clean too, i was more than happy with them, a real nice bunch of guys
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Treat the customer good and he just might come back...theres a lack of that these days...too keen to just milk the shit out of your wallet in most bike shops for servicing....I think its how they make their profits lol....   ....got to admit I've had some good service from a few shops over the years...but payed for it as well.... anyway anyone know somewhere that does cheap tyres in the South west lol.....done the internet search but you never know someone might know somewhere lol or how hard is it to fit tyres yourself?????????                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I would say quite easy Johnny, but having probably done thousands I would wouldn't I!Smile

Back in the old inner-tube days a Dunlop-race tyre guy was giving a demonstration, put two tyres on in 44 seconds and said at the time, if you use anymore than 6 inches of a tyre lever, you're doing something wrong.
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Bought and had two tyres fitted to my 94 Trident yesterday   The cost was £207 including fitting for two Avon Storm's.   I stood there and watched the guys fit them - it took them a good 30 mins with a guy working on each wheel. They had to use heat to loosen one of the bolts too. If I had removed the wheel myself I probably would have snapped that bolt!   Fitting cost was £25 included in the £207 which I don't think was too bad.   Place was in Coleshill on the Station Road industrial estate.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Fitting tyres yourself is pretty easy, but you'll need to spend some cash on various tools first. You'll need a bead breaker, tyre levers, rim protectors, tyre grease, and some source of compressed air for popping the tyre back on. Also some stick-on weights if you want to balance it afterwards. So it's only really worth it if you're going to continue to do them yourself.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Rattay, is that Wheelhouse Tyres?

Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Yes, that was it wheelhouse tyres.   One of the two guys that fitted the tyres seemed particularly conscientious                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I get all my tyres there, highly recommended, decent prices too                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 774 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption