firebladejohns boken elbow

12 Posts | Latest reply on 22/06/2010 11:19:10 by laimdan | Go to original / last post
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

can anybody give me advice on broken bones in left forearm and broken left elbow   .  how long before i can ride my bike again and will i be able to compress the clutch lever and extend my arm to hold the handle bars within six weeks     thankyou 
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

and teech me how to spel     ha ha ha                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I think it depends on the nature and severity of the break. When I broke my wrist I was riding my bike within 2 weeks and the plaster was off after 4. But some people are out of action for months.Was it a clean break with the bone still in place? Or have you had to have it set? Or pinned?

missvondarkness's Profile
missvondarkness

In: weston-super-mar

would of thought physio be best person to ask and guess rest down to you as to how much u excercise it once cast is off as for spelling i have dyslexic keyboard!so im no help hope ur back out and about asap :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

hi gbeldon    yes got a plate in and pins as well   , and in a cast at the moment                                                                                                                                                                                     
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

With a plate and pins you'll certainly be off the bike for longer than I was. Hopefully somebody else can give you an idea of roughly how long, though obviously every case is different.

Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Oooh fbj. . .that's a bugger :<<
Hope time passes quickly for you XX

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hi fbj dont ride your bike till your Doc says its ok cos you wont be insured i learned from experience when i broke my leg had pins in it had a second crash and found out that cos  my Doc had'nt told me i was fit to ride i was not insured   just rest up m8 
take care                                                                                                                                                                              
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

thanks for your advice everybody   , il take it on board   cheers                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I agree with von on this one, best people to ask are those qualified and who have treated you.   I hope your patience lasts longer than the break John Wink lol   Be mended soon Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Elbow ...hmm, tricky one ... it depends on the severity of the break ... best to allow plenty of time & accept professional advice.                                                                                                                                                                              
laimdan's Profile
laimdan

In: Manchester

got knocked off in november broke left wrist and compressed the bone back up my forearm got plates screws dident get back on bike till april still havin trouble with it now just take your time only you will no when you feel safe to ride again and dont kidd youre self coz it aint worth it

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 672 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption