I feel like bashing my head.......

36 Posts | Latest reply on 11/06/2010 07:17:34 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

I heard of a welding job going the other week welding in Warwick.   A mate of mine was interested but got put off through the fact it was agency work.   The guy who's permanent at the factory said the firm are pretty good and will take on permanent if agency workers prove ok.   Send me a text if you want me to follow it up but please don't take a big health risk.                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Some great tip's, ideas, websites coming out on here, some of which I'm going to use - 'good luck' with the job hunting DG99, hopefully some time really soon, working will be a reality,  for you and anyone else  looking on here Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

Cheers Rattay, only problem there besides the health bit is the 170 miles commuting Thumbs Down  Lolol but thankyou so much for the thought Thumbs Up

Thanks Nutkin, I'm sure it will be soon, just I want it now, I have no patience lol LOL

Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

Not work related, but whilst you're out of work make sure you are claiming the right benefits.  Again the CAB may be able to help or have a look on the directgov website, that might give you more information.  Good luck....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hi I am a recruitment manager for training and the goverment are throwing money at training providers,RE TRAIN you could still claim benifits in some instances (back to work) incentives,God I sound like Im at work but it is true babe. XB                                                                                                                                                                             
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

I'll have a chat with you about that Thursday, but think I might not be eligible as I have just spent a year retraining at college.  Think I have to wait another 6 months before I can do that.  Crazy, I have letters after my name and everything, but that doesn't get you a job.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

MAte I'm going through resettlement with the forces so I know how scarce work is but 70% of jobs in the market are gained by walkins of the street and referrals and networking not from sending in applications.....   A good idea is to see a business that appeals to you make a few calls not for a job but just to test the market.....ask for an interview at some point and feedback..it is practice for the one that counts ...you can never do wrong with an interview its a learning experience..... do your homework on the internet etc about the company, baffle them with bullshit mate show an knowledge of the company etc....   ...finally offer to come and do a placement for free say for a week or two....if they see you are a grafter they may employ you..if not it gives you hands on training in that job market and looks good on a CV shows you are willing to learn and you are a grafter...   Hope it helps mate just some stuff I'vbe learned withmy nightmare of a resettlement lol..                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I'm being made redundant in a couple of weeks & been sent on cv workshops etc by my employer. Don't worry too much about documenting detail from years ago DG. I was told most employers are interested in what you've been doing for the last 7 years. Was also told you have to make yourself memorable over the others applying, which fits in with all the previous tips about telephoning the company and calling in for a chat. Good luck chuck and hang in there
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Aww big ((((hugs)))) DG, I can empathise as I was made redundant 5 yrs ago and every effort to find work, and a refresher course for my qualifications, seems to have been met with a door slam.   Job centre is useless as most vacancies are from agencies and my experience with those have been on the lines of apply for vacancy, get invited in for interview only to find said vacancy has gone (never existed) so agency register me then forget about me.    I've never been as poor as I am now and the allowance the government give me doesn't last the two weeks it's supposed to, am not in debt tho, thankfully, but that may only be a short time away the way things are going.   I hope you find work soon D G.                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ah well i've given up on trying to get a job so i've turn to crime, i am now a successful cat burglar and have a swiss bank account with a 1000 cats in it.                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

LOL AD you are  a Star                                                                                                                                                                               
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

A friend has offered to be my pimp....it's always good to have a back up plan Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen

what if you have not got any references are experience in the jobs available . ive got city and guilds in mig welding  but cant get employment because of no references and site experience.  sent cv s , spoke to employers in person , please can anyone advice me . been unemployed over  2 years  ,  theres no grants or funding , training schemes  , theres f..k all  ,   thanks   . do i tell a load of lies to employers to get a job.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Tell them anythink that you can get away with at the end of the day most managers do nothink but bullsxxt all day so just go for it jp                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hey not all managers!!!!!!well not all the time                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 1198 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption