Advanced Uploader - Please use it!

60 Posts | Latest reply on 02/07/2010 09:40:55 by anneka56 | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Friends,   Please can I ask you to always use the Advanced Uploader when possible to upload photos into your account.   It cost the club a lot of money to have that and it does a lot of magical things!   The biggest advantages are that it compresses your photos before uploading, saving space on the server and also network traffic while you upload the file.   It also rotates your photos however you like and prevents you from accidentally uploading tiny thumbnail images (which aren't allowed).   And of course you can also upload up to 200 photos at a time, not the 8 photos the Simple Uploader allows.   Thanks!                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

But please sir,,boss sir,,,,my old cranky computer doesn't like it sir,,boss sir !!! 

And you know the state of my equipment Matt,,,you've had your hands on it once before !!!! 

Embarrassed  LOL

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

Advanced uploader Im sure Bj has told you Im still working with crayons but I will try                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol, it's there to make your lives easier!!!  It simplifies everything.  There's also 2 versions, one works on Internet Explorer (ActiveX) and one works on all other browsers (Java).... ALL browsers!   If it doesn't work for you, please let me know.  (though if you've been conned into buying a Mac then it's your own fault and I can't help you lol, but it should officially work on a Mac also).   If your computer can't run it, install Java from www.java.com (only applies to non-internet explorer browsers)                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

It's just really slow on my comp, and upsets me system Matt :)

By the time it's loaded, I could've uploaded all me pics on the standard system!!

So yeah,,it prob does work,,,,but I would be snapping the Xmas party pics while waiting for the summer BBQ pics to upload !!! lol

Matt's Profile
Matt

Sounds odd, it's really a tiny program.  It's the same (exactly the same!) as what Facebook use. When you open a folder of images though, it creates a thumbnail of them all.  This can take a while if there's 200 pics in the folder for example.                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchick123's Profile
rockchick123

In: Manchester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Used it ... and was easier and quicker than other way Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
madhat's Profile
madhat

In: glasgow

well a was trying to upload photo,s and it did,nt seem to work BUT  then a noticed that 1 your talking about and  BOOMMMM it done ClapClapClap   thank u boss man x                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

it dosnt work on my computer matt !  so easyer to use other one                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Only uploads 100 at a time :o(   And takes them out of sequence too, the trike build I've been doing I had 4 goes at up loading all pics in one hit but had to break them down into chunks as it seamed to load them as they compleated their down load rather than in the order they were saved/taken :o(                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

My comp doesn't like the FB site at all either Matt,,,,and I've never uploaded pics onto FB either.

I have java installed, but the whole advanced system takes the time to load,,,prob the upload of the pics would be quicker itself, but waiting for the prog to load to do that takes an age!!!

It takes 5 mins just to boot up me comp !!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Think those spectrum 64 comps that some people own need updating lol........it won't work with valves lol                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

I'm still on cassette drive !!!!  lol                                                                                                                                                                              
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

wondered what all them funny noises were you were makinLOL

uploader dont like firefox but takes ages to load on explorer

Matt's Profile
Matt

Yam,  it works fine on Firefox.  I've tested it on my PCs.  Everytime I get my hands on a PC at a friend's house I test it and it's never not worked for me.  If you have all your settings standard, don't block things like Java, then it will work fine.   HullRider, the problem there is that if you select 100 images then it splits it up into 3 groups and starts resizing and uploading dynamically to save time and speed it all up for you. Would it be better if I made it so it did one at a time during the upload stage in order to keep the sorting??                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

It'd be better to be able to select group or single if you have a history to protect select the single option, but if you just have a weekends worth of random pics then group. If it's not possable then I do not think it'll effect many it's just what I'd observed.   The trike pics are only 40ish but it still mixed them up.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Matt could you programme it so that we can move the photos around say by dragging them? Please?   Also be good if we could edit the title of our album(s) and have a bit more room for individual photo titles. I notice a lot of profiles (including your own) have the same problem, not enough room for all the text.                                                                                                                                                                              
oitsnik's Profile
oitsnik

In: Wirral

Why have any uploading facility at all!!
Most people are on photobucket ,picassa or whatever photo hosting site they choose then they simply link the photo to the thread using no server space at all!
Im a moderator on a mpv forum and our overheads are less than £200 per year to host the forum
....Nick.
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

matts on the hard sell again lol dont use fire fox  and im not changing to it just so i can use the uploader !                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Nick, photobucket is ok til the photo is moved out of the album or deleted from it., then the link becomes a broken one.    It took a nano-second for me to upload the A U so it wasn't a hassle.                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 308 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption